Hitachi America, LtdNo replacement

A

My Camcorder(DZ-MV380A) requires a special mini DVD that was produced by Maxell. Maxell stopped producing them, and no retail outlet has any in stock. I called Hitachi Customer Service two times and get this support ... "there's nothing they can do about no supply of this special disc... it's my problem!!"

Bottom Line... I have a $800(2003 Retail) Hitachi Camcorder that's useless without this special disc called "Maxell DVD-R Caddy Disc."

The only thing I can do is WARN YOU ... "HITACHI DOESN'T SUPPORT THE PARTS CRITICAL FOR THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL!!" Now I must spend $$$ for a new camcorder!! Thank you for Listening.

• Co
    CommonSense Feb 19, 2009

I bought an 8 Track player at a garage sale and now K-Tel doesn't sell 8 Track tapes on TV anymore! Watch out for the Smith's at 123 Main St, they stuck me with an 8 Track player I can't buy tapes for!!!

Seriously, why would you buy something that required specialized media in the first place?

Secondly, it's not Hitachi's fault another company stopped making the discs you need. Obviously there isn't much of a market for them or they'd still be available.

Besides, that model is 6 years old now. Everything becomes obsolete.