The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Hitachi America, LtdNo replacement


My Camcorder(DZ-MV380A) requires a special mini DVD that was produced by Maxell. Maxell stopped producing them, and no retail outlet has any in stock. I called Hitachi Customer Service two times and get this support ... "there's nothing they can do about no supply of this special disc... it's my problem!!"

Bottom Line... I have a $800(2003 Retail) Hitachi Camcorder that's useless without this special disc called "Maxell DVD-R Caddy Disc."

The only thing I can do is WARN YOU ... "HITACHI DOESN'T SUPPORT THE PARTS CRITICAL FOR THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL!!" Now I must spend $$$ for a new camcorder!! Thank you for Listening.


  • Co
    CommonSense Feb 19, 2009

    I bought an 8 Track player at a garage sale and now K-Tel doesn't sell 8 Track tapes on TV anymore! Watch out for the Smith's at 123 Main St, they stuck me with an 8 Track player I can't buy tapes for!!!

    Seriously, why would you buy something that required specialized media in the first place?

    Secondly, it's not Hitachi's fault another company stopped making the discs you need. Obviously there isn't much of a market for them or they'd still be available.

    Besides, that model is 6 years old now. Everything becomes obsolete.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.