HH Gregg / refund policy

1 Raleigh Briar Creek, NC, United States Review updated:

After Christmas, I purchased a TV and Blu Ray player from HH Gregg. Paid >$2500. After 13 days, the Blu Ray player died. When I called the store I was able to speak to the GM Dan Miller (He said he was the GM and top guy). I inquired into getting a replacement. He stated no problem, but it would be at least 3 weeks before he got more stock of the particular model player.

He was not confident in the 3+ weeks. I inquired into a similar model, but they had none in that price range. I asked for a refund of the price I paid to purchase a replacement elsewhere and he said no way. He kept quoting the 10 day refund policy and I was at day 13!

I can understand this if he can replace my unit or at least get me something comparable, but since he cannot, I should get a refund. It makes no sense to hold me hostage for 3+ weeks (again, maybe 3 weeks, maybe more...he was not confident in when he can expect more in stock). Dan Miller was extremely unprofessional, rude, arrogant, and just plain argumentative. I felt like I was talking to a 4th grader!

I could not believe they would have such a terrible refund policy, especially because they were selling their great customer service - "don't buy the equipment at Amazon for less money because if you ever have a problem, we will stand behind you and take care of you, not like any other store". That's right, any other store has 30-90 day refund policies, without restocking fees!!

I had a 13 day old unit (only watched 1 movie on it before it died), spent over $2500 with these incompetent people, and was treated horribly.

Additionally, it is fraudulent for HH Gregg to make statements surrounding their $120+ HDMI cables being REQUIRED in order to use my new TV. Now, I know better, but I feel for the many people who buy that BS and get conned into spending $120 when a $6 cable is 100% as good.

Mt

Comments

• Tr
      14th of Apr, 2009

i bet you were a ### when you called that's why you got the shaft if you would be nicer and talked to the salesman that sold you all of that stuff they would of worked it out. oh and on the $130 hdmi vs the $6 one, go and do some more homework on that one, i have been in high end electronics for 15 years and you get what you pay for. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3831
    this is a link to help educate yourself, think of it like a exotic sports car. If you go out and buy a brand new Lamborghini you would not put just any old "$6" tire on it even if it looks the same as the nice ones the guy who sold it to you said you better get the $120+ ones they work a lot better.
    oh and heaven forbid that you get a screwed up product and the store ran out during the holiday season when consumer electronics are on everybody's list and Blu Ray players are in the top 10 gift choices that year, don't you think everybody else was out of stock at that time also...