HH Gregg / fraudulent activities

1 Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

Friday, April 24, 2009, approximately 12:30 p.m. EST -- purchased refrigerator from HH Gregg and scheduled delivery for Sunday, April 26. Paid with check in full.
Sunday, April 25, 2009, 6:30 a.m. EST -- received call from delivery department stating that delivery would be between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. And 40 minutes prior, would receive call from delivery person letting me know they were on their way. At 5:30 p.m. I called the delivery number and was told that it had been a really bad, overscheduled delivery day with many problems, difficult deliveries, etc, but that I should receive my refrigerator in about an hour. At 7:30 p.m., I again called the delivery service and was told the truck was in another town about an hour south of mine and also got the same sad story about difficult deliveries. The person who identified himself as the manager (and the only manager) said that he expected delivery would be about 11:00 p.m. or midnight. I told him (quite unpolitely) that this was not at all acceptable. He said he could deliver it on Monday and I advised him that too was not possible since I work and could not miss. He did offer to schedule the delivry at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 27. (I suppose he was hard of hearing or just plain didn't care.) I was irate and told him no, I could not be home and wait since I had to work and to cancel the complete order. His response was a quite laid back "Okay, if that's what you want."
Sunday, April 26, about 9:00 p.m. I wrote the Better Business Bureau and our local TV's "troubleshooter".
Monday, April 27, 2009, about 10:00 a.m. I called the store on Hurstbourne Lane and asked for the store manager and was told I was speaking to her. I requested that the order be cancelled, told her I had stopped payment on the check, and also briefly related the delivery problems. She said she would take care of it.
Friday, May 1, 2009, 7:30 a.m. I checked my bank account since it's payday -- HH Gregg has forced payment on the check. Great. I'm now writing the BBB again, as well as following up with the Troubleshooter. No telling when I'll get my money back.

Comments

• Be
      9th of May, 2011

Two days ago my husband went to HH Gregg and purchased a fridge, oven, microwave and dishwasher to replace our existing ones. I specifically asked it installation was included and our young salesman responded, "yeah, and they'll even test everything before they leave to make sure it works". Our appliances, we were told, would be delivered & installed the very next day. Boy were were impressed. The next day came and while we got the call, they arrived late. No big deal...until we were informed that installation was NOT included. Here it is the day before Mother's day and my kitchen is in complete disarray.
    My husband called the store but the store manager refused to get on the phone. My husband drove the 30 miles there to discuss it with him. After he basically accused my husband of lying, he agreed that they'd install them first thing in the morning. Great..we've got five sons so Mothers Day dinner is still on...well, not quite. Apparently their "first thing in the morning" is after 6pm because thats when they arrived and that was after many calls. They installed the microwave but not the dishwasher...they had some bs EXCUSE.
    We are a military family and, as a realtor, I'm often asked by clients where to purchase appliances. Guess where I will be sure to tell them to AVOID. Charter Cable has a facebook page (against their will, no doubt) thats called Charter Cable Sucks. As soon as I see one for HH GREGG SUCKS, I'll be a HUGE FAN. AVOID this store...you will NOT get what you are promised and they will avoid YOU when you seek help!