Hewlette Packard Pc Pavilion Elite E9290f / horrible quality & customer service
Hewlette Packard's product quality and customer service are shockingly poor, to the point of being criminal. I purchased a high end HP desktop in December of 2009 at a cost of over $1200. Three weeks after purchase the computer "Blue Screened" when exiting sleep, hibernate, and hard boot intermittently, sometimes taking all day and many boot attempts to boot successfully. In the past year I have had to send the computer in for repair (for the same issue) 4 times and the problem is still there. In addition, the power supply burned out. I will bulletize my experience below for the sake of brevity...
1) Blue screen from suspend and boot - Spent over an hour on phone w/customer service - asked for money back but HP would only repair. Sent computer to HP - HP replicated the issue - got computer back 3 weeks later - same issue showed up again after about a month.
2) Blue screen from suspend and boot - Spent over an hour on phone w/customer service - asked for money back but HP would only repair. This time HP gave me an option to take the computer to Best Buy and have the Geek Squad take a look at it, so I did. Geek Squad replicated the problem and found there was a BIOS upgrade to fix it. Upgrade BIOS - computer worked for a few months then the same problem came back again.
3) Blue screen from suspend and boot. By the time I got around to calling HP, the power supply also burned out - Spent 2 hours on phone w/customer service. Customer service actually insisted on stepping me through debug steps inside the chasis, unplugging boards and cables even though I have 25 years of computer industry experience and told them the power supply was smoked!!!??? - demanded money back and HP refused saying they would only repair. Sent computer to HP - HP replicated the issue and replaced the power supply and motherboard - When HP sent the computer back to me they forgot to screw the power supply to the chasis so it was bouncing around inside the chasis during shipment. - The computer worked for about 2 weeks then the same blue screen issue came back.
4) Blue screen from suspend and boot. - Called HP demanded money back - HP refused saying they would only repair.
OK, you get the idea. Each time I send it in, I am without computer for three weeks and I have to reload my applications and deal with any lost files/data. Stunning that a refund is not available for a product that is simply unusable, especially when the issue appeard so soon after purchase and has not been fixed after so many attempts. HP clearly does not feel any sense of consideration for their customers, nor does it feel any accountability to stand behind their product and pfrovide refunds for lemons. Once HP has your money they are happy to inconvenience and rip off their customer to any degree rather than demonstrate corporate accountability and integrity.
More Hewlette Packard Pc Pavilion Elite E9290f Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service