Hertz

Posted:

lost and found

4.65
Chicago, Illinois
For the second time in 3 years I've left something in my Hertz Rental Car at dropoff. I've called Hertz and every time have found it extremely difficult to reach the outlet to tell them what I've left in the car. Nevertheless, once I've reached the proper people, they claim that "nothing was found" in the rental car. On both occasions I knew that I left the item in the car, but I've received the same baloney that they "searched and found nothing". "Our people are honest and turn in whatever they find in a car". The company has a useless lost and found, and a nearly non-existent customer relations.
They should have an incentive program for their employees to turn in items they find, not steal them. The run around for lost and found is unacceptable. Enough with Hertz, I'll rent from others.
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

N  11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Go ahead and rent from others, you will find they are all the same in regards to property left behind. There are less than honest employees in every business.No other rental agency will accept responsibility for lost items either.
N  11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I think it states right on the rental agreement that the agency is not responsible for things left behind. It's been awhile since I rented a car but I seem to remember that being there.
A  18th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
They stole my stuff too. It was in a small box but it was my 02 sensor brand new . They dont care About anyone else
A  30th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
They stole a Park Canada pass that was hung on one of the mirror. Said they did not find it: obviously it was stolen.
A  2nd of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
I left a brand new ceiling fan in the trunk. We were in a hurry to load a truck to move and return the vehicle and totally forgot about the fan until later. When I finally reached someone in lost and found they had already rented the "crappy" car again and said nothing was found. I know it was there and someone stole it. We will definitely not rent from Hertz ever again. Enterprise seems to be best for overall good cars and service. Best thing is to always check and make sure you leave absolutely nothing in the rental car that you want to see again.
N  1st of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
They called me and told me they have my keys (house and car) at the Hertz St. Louis Airport office -- but the number they gave me routes to the same corporate voice directory that's so impossible in the first place. their customer service line gets you to an endless string of advertising. I filled out the online lost and found form - and it says my items have not been found, so no use there.

I can't seem to get to the actual office - and talk to a human being. Nightmare.
A  18th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes