Hertz / insurance

Des Moines
Absolutely ridiculous story. My wife got rearended and took our car in to get fixed. The hertz people tell me on the phone " Absolutely NO charge, only a deposit, the other persons' insurance is paying for it". When my wife got there, the agent tells her she has to get this isurance, so she called me at work to ask me about it. I said we don't need it but the guy says in the backround " It's only $38.00, and the insurance company fixing your car wont cover this so you need to." So I said whatever, no sence in arguing over $38.00. Our car took quite a while to fix, like 25 days quite a while, so my wife takes it back in and gets everything squared away and done, so she thinks. Later that day they call and say ' You owe use nine hundred and some odd dollars, ' ALMOST $1000.00!!! He mensioned nothing of this while she was there, he called her right before they closed for the day. He did not, I repeat did NOT tell my wife it was PER DAY!!! This is absolutely unethical and disgusting business. I am a business man myself and am appalled beyond belief!!

Hertz Logo Hertz