Hertz Corporation / rental car

Canada

We had booked a rental car through Rentalcars.com, with rental partner, Hertz Corporation, on August 10, 2016:

Itinerary number [protected]
Subtotal of the Rental: CAD $202.55
Taxes and Fees: CAD $69.38
Amount Due at Pick-up: CAD $271.93
Hertz Corporation: [protected]

My brother-in-law, who happens to live in Ottawa, ON, texted me on Thu Aug 18, notifying me that he was sure that the HERTZ booth at YOW closed at 1:00AM. I called the HERTZ booth at YOW the afternoon of Thu Aug 18 from Victoria, BC around 2PM PST, and HERTZ assured me that they would remain open at least 1 hour after the last flight came in, providing me with HERTZ Reservation ID# 80240269614D. Sure enough, we landed, and since we had no check-ins, made our way directly to the HERTZ booth around 1:15AM and the booth was closed! There were also 2 other couples out of luck! We could not afford a luxury car from the other rental companies that were open, Enterprise and AVIS, so we had to take a taxi to our destination. When I called the YOW HERTZ the next day, I was re-routed to another main number, put on hold, and then they hung up on me.

I have made a complaint to Rentalcars.com as well. It's appalling to me how two companies can leave us in a lurch like this with no accountability.

Regards,