HDFC / Credit Card / credit card issued under my name without my knowledge

S. Sudhakar,
18/20 Kuppuswamy Street,
S.I.S.I Colony,

The Branch Manager,
HDFC Bank (Credit card, 2nd Floor)
Nelson Manickam Road,

Respected Sir,

Sub: In context to the credit card issued under my name without my knowledge.

I Sudhakar working as a Sales Executive in a reputed Organization; For the past 3 months I am facing lots of problem by the credit card payment agents (Five Solutions, 15/30 Rangarajan Main Road, Kodambakkam) in behalf of HDFC. They are frequently visiting my house and troubling my elderly parents to pay the Due amount for the credit card issued under my name.

But unfortunately I don’t hold any credit card from HDFC. Hereby these agents are forcing me to pay the outstanding balance for that unknown credit card. I humbly request to take necessary action under these discrepancies.

Further more my father and Senior Police Officer personally visited the bank on 24th September 2007 and met Mr.Srinivasan, Assistant Manager – HDFC at Nelson Manickam Road and explained him the problems faced by me.

Accordingly Mr.Srinivasan had suggested us to send a requisition letter to the bank requesting for the following records of proof, So kindly request you to send me the following proofs.
1. Copy of the Credit card application.
2. Address proof given at the time of credit card availing.
3. Copy of the acknowledgement stating that I have personally received the card.
4. Monthly statement for the credit card transaction.
5. Signature proof if any.
6. Transaction Details for the amount spent in the card.

If I could receive the above records it will be really helpful for me to take necessary action, kindly do the needful.
Note: Credit Card Number ([protected]) received from the HDFC agent.

Date: Thanking You

N  2nd of Oct, 2007 by
Hi Sudhakar,

We do understand the problems that you are currently facing. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. It would be great if you could provide some more information. Is it possible for you to mail a copy of front & back of the credit card? So that we would go ahead de-activate it.

Customer Services Dept,
HDFC Credit Divison.
N  4th of Oct, 2007 by

I think you dont understand my problem,

My problem is that i did not apply for any credit card from HDFC and HDFC agent people are back of me asking to pay for unknow credit card Number (4346772001341048).

Then how do you except me to mail a copy of front & back of the credit card, which i dont ever see it.

HDFC Bank Logo HDFC Bank