HDFC Credit Card / hdfc is a bunch of crooks

1 India Review updated:

In evidence of the above statement I would like to share my horrible experience that I had with HDFC Bank Credit Cards. I applied for a credit card, to be more precise, was smooth talked into applying for a credit card. The Credit Card # was [protected]. They framed a well planned payment dispute and started charging interests, various type of fees & penalties. They ignored the payments done and put more penalties and that too after submitting all the proofs of payments.

After some time when I got fed up and stopped payments, they started sending local goons who confronted me, my parents and humiliated me in public. No amount of reason worked with them. I tried to show them proofs of my payments but most of them were not literate enough or interested in my story. They had a hefty commission to take so they just wanted me to cough up more money.

When the situation reached alarming proportion and they started coming to my work place, affecting my business, I was frightened and went to bank and pleaded them to solve my payment dispute. After much pleading they obliged and sent a Settlement Offer Letter.

Being a normal law abiding person I forgot the earlier experience and deposited the amount mentioned in that letter. I thought this will end my suffering.

I was in for a shock when I started getting bills with more balance to be paid. When I contacted the bank, they assured me that it is a system mistake and there is no need to worry. Few months passed peacefully except these bills.

In March 2007, a few people impersonating themselves as men from Delhi High Court called from the mobile #[protected] at my home and threatened my parents that they will get me arrested (as according to them a case was registered in Delhi due to my non payment of dues) unless the balance amount is paid in full with in next few hours. When I was told by my parents regarding this, I contacted my lawyer, who asked for the copy of charge sheet or FIR. When I called them back for the same they forwarded me to [protected] saying that the number belongs to their advocate Mr. S. P. Malik. Mr. Malik straight away asked me to pay the money and did not provide the charge sheet or the FIR. After much pleading, he asked me to fax all the payment details to him. I did the same and when I called again he told me that he will discuss these with the authorities and if I am right he will have an apology issued from the bank.

It was quiet for a few days after that again same thing happened. This time they said that they are from Warrant Execution Cell from Delhi Police. The number they called from was [protected]. As I was sure that this may be another attempt by bank to frighten me. I approached local police and registered my complaint with them.

I am also contemplating legal action against HDFC Credit Card.

Moreover, I bear one pension plan with HDFC, I have already decided to discontinue the same. It may not bother HDFC card wing because it is not related to their department but I am going to give in writing that afore-described remains the reason because of which I lost my faith in HDFC and discontinuing all my relationship with this name.

All the documents regarding my story are in next few pages. There is also a written complaint in Hindi divulging all the details.

My peace of mind, my image in the market and the confidence my parents had on me is all gone. The only reason for my sufferings is that I went in for credit card from HDFC Bank.

A few of my friends have already turned down the offers from HDFC to go for their credit card and those already with the card have started returning their card.

It is my sincere advise to all HDFC credit card holders to return their cards immediately or they will have to face the same horrors. Please turn down offers from HDFC to make credit cards. You will gain nothing and instead will have to part with your hard earned money.

Shyamal Roy,
Allahabad.

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I agree that HDFC is a sick bank. I had a credit card from HDFC and for one of the payments i made I incorrectly missed the last no. of my credit card on the check I gave to them. In return I got a payment received receipt which had the complete credit card no. This payment was deducted from my bank account although I started getting collection calls. I kept sending proof of payments for almost 2 years but I still get the calls and its being almost 4 years now. Any advice on how to set them straight?
    cacandy9@gmail.com