Haynes Furniture / Refusal to refund deposit

United States Review updated:
On January 12, 2007, I visited Haynes Furniture in Virginia Beach, Va., and placed an order for carpet after giving the saleswoman the measurements which were VERY accurate. I gave a $600 deposit by check which was paid by my bank within two days. I was given an estimate and the saleswoman was to have my house measured by their people and then give me a firm price for the carpet. The house was measured the following day, the 13th. Then two weeks passed and I called the saleswoman. She said the measurements had never been submitted and, after twelve days, she got the measurements and her estimate was off by more than $1,000. I asked for a refund and she agreed to submit the paperwork for the refund immediately. The refund never arrived. Now, when I call Haynes, I am either disconnected, put on hold to never be answered, or put through to someone's voice mail to never get a return call. All I want is my $600 returned to me. I feel the estimate was deliberately low to entice me to make the deposit. Then the price was jacked up far beyond what I had budgeted for the job.

A  30th of Mar, 2008 by
On 3/4/08 I made my final payment on a sofa and love seat w/Haynes Furniture. I also scheduled a pick-up date for 3/29. I was promised that my furniture would be at the Hull Street location on this day. Luckily before I went across town, I called the store only to find out the furniture was not there and no one could give me an explanation as to why. I had already hired someone to pick-up the furniture for me on this date. The store did offer to reimburse me for this and have the furniture delivered to the store on 3/30 but it is the principal of the matter; the store did not live up to it's promise. This is the third unpleasant experience I have had w/this company. A well known company like this should be more organized.
N  11th of May, 2009 by

Haynes Furniture Company - Worst company possible
Haynes Furniture Co

STAY AWAY FROM HAYNES FURNITURE/NORTH CAROLINA AND CO. I am not only displeased with my furniture set but also the customer service with Haynes Furniture.

My husband purchased a bedroom set and it has been nothing but problems. First there was a nick in the Chest of Drawers, then there was residue that stained the mirror(the service tech had to come out twice for that because they initially left steel wool for me to clean the mirror), then there was wood falling from the dresser onto my clothes, then there was wood peeling from the footboard. The final straw was when I went to open my dresser drawer and I heard a "CRACK". My track was broken. I called and spoke to the manager there and explained to him that I was very dissatisfied about my furniture and the fact that I had so many service calls. The only thing he was willing to do was to send a service technician out (again). The service man came out and indicated that I broke my drawer and that it was not a manufacturer's defect. I asked him how was I able to break it and he could not give me a good explanation. He told me that he could glue it together and I shouldn't have anymore problems. Needless to say I sent him packing!

The customer service manager offered NOTHING! Other than to come a glue my drawer together. So I am stuck with a drawer sitting in the middle of my floor broken...
N  30th of Oct, 2010 by

Haynes Furniture - Heed the complaints

From all of the complaints, I knew that Haynes had a very bad reputation for poor service. Unfortunately I found the perfect bedroom set in their store last year so I took a chance and ordered it.

Despite my misgivings, I found the experience to be wonderful. They called me and confirmed my delivery, then called me with me time frame just as they said they would. The drivers showed up as scheduled and were a joy to deal with... unfortunately this was last year and either I just lucked or something has changed.

With the wonderful experience I had, I did not hesitate to purchase 3 rooms of furniture from them several months ago. I did receive the call with a time frame, but the drivers did not arrive on time, were not friendly and basically just dropped the furniture and ran. As I was trying to get everything put together I noted several issues and contacted service.

To cut to the chase, it was a horrible delivery and has been a nightmare ever since causing me to take several days off work to meet with technicians and after 2 months I still do not have satisfactory furniture in my home.

In asking questions I have since found out that "The Dump" now runs Haynes. They are no longer a "real" furniture store that they used to be.

As they say "Buyer Beware" and when dealing with Haynes that statement could not be more accurate.

Haynes Furniture Company Logo Haynes Furniture Company