Haynes Furniture Logo

Haynes Furniture

Having problems with Haynes Furniture?

1800 768 0348 (Customer Service)
+1 866 538 4489 (Billing)
+1 757 497 5833 (Furniture Service)
+1 757 886 1100 (Newport News Store)
+1 804 276 1060 (Richmond, VA, Store)
+1 804 747 8000 (Richmond West End, VA, Store)
5324 Virginia Beach Blvd

West End Richmond, VA
9515 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23294-5333

Complaints & Reviews

Bad service

Bought Nattuzzi leather couch and sectional, couch had very large "blemish" in center of one cushion.It was very, very noticeable to naked eye. Asked for new couch. Company said no, as it was signed for by my room-mate.

When i returned from out of state work, soon thre after, i called the furniture store. Whether or not i like the sofa is irrelevant, even if it looks bad. it was signed for. I payed a lot of money for high quality. Though blemishes in leather can't be predicted, this one is so very obvious and so very apparent!

Poor Customer service

My wife and I needed some furniture for our living room so we decided to head to Haynes the week before Thanksgiving. When we arrived we were greeted by a sales person who was very friendly, and he directed to us to the living room sets in the store. We picked out a sofa, love seat and recliner from the store and after an hour of paperwork we were told the only piece of furniture available for pickup was the love seat, and that the rest f the furniture would be in on DEC 20th 2009. My wife and I were upset because we needed the furniture in before the holidays because we were going to have guests over for Christmas, but we decided that it was still before Christmas and it shouldn’t be a problem. On the 15th of DEC we called the store to insure that the rest of our furniture was in and we were told that our furniture would not be in until the 20th of January. My wife and I at this point were irate and demanded to know why we were not told about this when we purchased the furniture, the sales representative that sold us the furniture explained to us that all he does is look on a screen and it gives him the projected dates of furniture arrival and there is nothing he could do. So now my wife and I had only a love seat in the living room for seating on Christmas. Very upset at the situation we went back into Haynes and spoke with a manager to see if he could sell us the floor model. He told us that he couldn’t, but what he could do is give us back our money for the furniture. The furniture we selected was very durable and we had already looked all over Hampton roads searching for it and we just wanted our furniture. We decided to wait until the 20th of Jan for it to come in. A few days before the 20th we called the store to see again when our furniture would be in and again we were told that our furniture wouldn’t be in until the 20th of Feb. So almost three months later, we are still left with only a loveseat in our home, with a dilemma of not being able to buy furniture elsewhere because it would not match. Not once has Haynes called us to let us know the date of arrival has been changed, we have had to call every time to check the status, and each time it is at least 2 days before they call back. They have no explanation of why the furniture has been delayed so long, and have made no attempt to resolve the problem. The once friendly salesman is now no longer to be found and impossible to get a hold of now that he has already made his sale. Now we are at the point where we just want our furniture in and we would never again refer or go back to Haynes furniture AGAIN!

Scam

Attention!!! HAYNES FURNITURE A.K.A. THE DUMP furniture store

Buyers beware!!! All over the country, this company is ripping people off and THEY JUST PLAIN DON'T CARE!!

Please read my story. The Dump has crossed the line with more unethical, fraudulant, and outright SHOCKING behaviors and sales practices. My story is definately not unique, but I have chosen to not lie back and take it. I am seeking media attention as well as doing everything in my power possible to spread the word about THE DUMP.

• Ao
    aolco45 Jan 06, 2010

Will never do business with them again. Table delivered and leg was broken, worker still put leg on without screwing in since nail was stripped. Called to have fixed and 2 days after fixed other leg broke off 700.table. complete waste of money. Was advised no int for 90 days with purchase being placed on card but was still charged interest every month. Called numerous times to store no answer and no reply.

Poor quality

I found this site before I even left the house to start shopping for furniture. Some of the stories left me a little uneasy. However, I found similar stories, or worse in a few cases, for Value City, Haverty's, & Grand. I guess any big company is going to have some customers they aren't able to please.

Anyway, I ended up shopping all of the above mentioned stores. Most of Value City's furniture appeared to be poor quality. Grand was probably just as bad. Haverty's seemed more in line with what Haynes had but more expensive and not as much to choose from. So, I ultimately made my bedroom and recliner purchase from Haynes.

Again, I was a little uneasy since I had read some negative reviews. The salesman wasn't the most knowledgable but he was good enough for my purposes. I paid $2100 for my bedroom and 2 recliners. They scheduled my requested delivery of Thursday (I purchased on Monday). They called the day before and told me they'd be here between 1p-3p. They called at 11a on Friday and asked if they could come earlier, at 12:45, and I said that'd be fine. The delivery and set up went fine. The delivery truck said Cory on it... guess Haynes contracts the delivery to them.

My new furniture has been great so far. No complaints at all. Felt I needed to post my positive feedback for anyone who may be in the same situation I was in - Not knowing who to trust since there seem to be unhappy customers with every store.

carpert installation

Take all these complaints and note them well. I only wish I would have investigated Haynes more before I...

Undelivered Furnitur

I purchased a China Cabinet in February 2009 at the Haynes store on Jefferson, in Newport News. I paid for the furniture with my debit card. The furniture was to be delivered on 6 march 2009. On the day of delivery there was no furniture. I called and spoke with the sales person. She told me that someone had previously purchased the same piece. When I purchased the furniture she said there were 2 pieces left. She later recanted her story and stated there was only one. I was then told by the manager that I was welcome to come in and pick another piece of furniture. There was nothing even close and everything else was considerably more expensive.
I have a neighbor who was able to finish the exact same story.
MY SUGGESTION IS TO NEVER ENTER THE BAIT AND SWITCH CENTER AGAIN. GIVE THEM ALL THE PUBLICITY THEY DESERVE

• Io
    ioduckman Jan 31, 2010

I had a similer story, but since I walked in there in NOV 2009 I still dont have my furniture I purchased today. It won't be in until sometime in Febuary. Keep spreading the word about that place. Horrible service after you purchase your product. Typical sales crap.

REFUSAL TO RETURN MONEY

ONNTHE 14TH OF FEBRUARY MY WIFE AND I ORDERED A BED FOR OUR 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.WE MISTAKENLY PAID CASH. WE...

False advertising on financing

Haynes furniture is always advertising for interest free for 2, 3, or even 4 years, but when you arrive at there store to make a purchase and you want to buy it with no interest as there ad states. They than tell you have to qualify for 7500 dollars or you can't get the no interest. There ad should say no interest with subject to credit approval for 7500 dollars. I qualified for 3, 000 dollars and could only get one year and I wanted at least 2 or more years of no interest. Haynes is in the finance business more than furniture.

Terrible experience

My husband & I bought a sectional. A while back the middle recliner pull cord broke. It didn't take that long to get the replacement cord & instead of one cord we got 2 cords. My first complaint is that my husband had to install it himself. My second complaint is the pull cord itself. I don't know why but the stupid thing is so hard to pull. We have to use 2 hands just to open the stupid thing. No wonder they give you a credit for the insurance if you don't use it. Because people that have been screwed over by them aren't stupid enough to go back for anything else so they lose their credit. Or they have to use their credit to fix the crap that will most likely end up breaking again!

• Zj
    ZJ MCKINNEY Apr 11, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM HAYNES FURNITURE/NORTH CAROLINA AND CO.

My husband purchased a bedroom set and it has been nothing but problems. First there was a nick in the Chest of Drawers, then there was residue that stained the mirror(the service tech had to come out twice for that because they initially left steel wool for me to clean the mirror), then there was wood falling from the dresser onto my clothes, then there was wood peeling from the footboard. The final straw was when I went to open my dresser drawer and I heard a "CRACK". My track was broken. I called and spoke to the manager there and explained to him that I was very dissatisfied about my furniture and the fact that I had so many service calls. The only thing he was willing to do was to send a service technician out (again). The service man came out and indicated that I broke my drawer and that it was not a manufacturer's defect. I asked him how was I able to break it and he could not give me a good explanation. He told me that he could glue it together and I shouldn't have anymore problems. Needless to say I sent him packing!

The customer service manager offered NOTHING! Other than to come a glue my drawer together. So I am stuck with a drawer sitting in the middle of my floor broken...HELP

Damaged furniture no help from BBB

Earlier I had made a post about a damaged table that Haynes was saying was distressed not damaged and were refusing to replace. This after their repairman came out and did nothing to correct the situation

I went ahead and made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Haynes responded by saying the same thing it was distressed not damaged. I did not accept their settlement. Now two months later I contacted the Better Business Bureau to ask why I had heard nothing back. They said that my file had been administratively closed and that if I wanted to I could call a lawyer. Which means the better Business Bureau has no m intention of doing anything about Haynes. They can say anything they want and the consumer has no rights!!!

I contacted the local 12 on your side news station and the woman there gave me the consumer affairs number [protected]. I called too late today, but will give them a call tomorrow. The lady working the 12 on your side desk said they get so many complaints about Haynes it is unbelievable. I can only guess that if they treated customers fairly their business would be better... Go figure..

Defective furniture

I purchased two set of bunk beds in November 2006 at Haynes Furnture. They were very accommodating as most sales people are during the sales process but totally change their service when there is a problem. On June 2, 2008 one of my guests climbed into the top bunk and the bed collapsed. The bed rail totally split and the bed was beyond repair. This young man could have been seriously injured. I went to Haynes to see what they could do. Their response was a big fat "nothing" . The beds had a one year warranty. I explained they were in a beach house so technically had only been used for 3 months (the summer of 2007). This is the first they have been used this season. Do you think that in the interest of good customer service and the fact that they had been barely used they would have tried to help me? They installed the beds and set them up. How do we know they didn't install them properly? They told me to take it up with the manufacturer (NASA Manufacturing [protected]). NASA was no help at all. They told me to take it up with Haynes since they sold me the beds and they needed to stand by their sale.

So here I am after spending $3, 000 with defective beds. Unfortunately it will take a lawyer to sue the manufacture for defective merchandise and Haynes for not setting the beds up properly.

BOTTOM LINE... NEVER EVER SHOP HAYNES!!! THEY SUCK YOU IN FOR THE SALE BUT THAT IS IT. THEY COULD CARE LESS IF THEY SELL YOU SOMETHING THAT POTENTIALLY COULD CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. NOT THEIR PROBLEM THEY SAY. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?? IT WENT OUT THE WINDOW HERE ONCE THE SALE WAS MADE.

SHAME ON THEM!!!

Chis Jul 01, 2008

You are so right! I had a similar experience and these people are unethical. They should be closed down.

Angry Feb 20, 2009

I purchased an entertainment center with ladder bookshelves. I put together the right side okay, the center console okay. When I put together the left side it had two left sides and could not be put together as the holes were predrilled and set. I called the store to let them know and now we are on our fifth week of the run around. They are now saying, sure bring the whole thing back and we will return your money, after we have put the rest of it together. They say they no longer have it in stock, but the reality is they do not want to give us this side and take their defective side back. They offered an entire floor model that is scratched up and worse than what we have. We did not pay for a floor model. We paid for one right out of the box. I was told today we can not do anything for you. So we have purchased an item that part of it is useless and we are ticked. I would never purchase from them again ever. They are a complete ripoff and should be closed down.

• Zj
    ZJ MCKINNEY Apr 11, 2009

Has anyone started working on a class action lawsuit against Haynes?

Never deal with them

I was charged interest in January of $400. It was supposed to be interest free for 25 months, but they said my payment was not received after my check cleared. I called and was told it would be corrected. It is May now 5 months after I sent my payment, and I can still not get this corrected. I have talked to one person twice and another person three times, and they continue to promise it will be fixed. I can never talk directly to billing, and these people state that it is billing's error, but can never seem to get it fixed. I have 800 credit score that may now be affected. NEVER DEAL WITH THESE FOLKS!!!

Fraud and scam!

I have shopped at Haynes Furniture and would want to alert all individuals who are planning to shop at Hayne...

Collections Team

I have been fond of the quality of service at Haynes Furniture Store for many years now. My entire home is furnished with nothing but Haynes products. However, I now have a tainted image of Haynes as a company and look to doing business with another company because of my experience with a manager of their collections department.

I was past due on an account for furniture I financed and my daughter received a phone call on her mobile phone on 2/20/08 at 5:29p.m. EST from a female employee. My daughter kindly advised the representative that she does not pay the bill that I do and to contact me directly. My daughter also advised to not ever call her on her mobile phone again. The representative insisted on trying to retrieve payment from my daughter and my daughter again told her to contact me. That same day after a long day at work, I received three phone calls from that same representative. Earlier that week, I scheduled a post-dated payment over the phone with my check card. The payment never processed because the representative took down the expiration date incorrectly. This was not a case where I was refusing to pay the bill, the was simply an error that resulted in a past due bill. When I called the representative (I believe her name was Ms. Darden---out of the Virginia Beach call center) she was very rude and cold with me. She was upset because my daughter dismissed her on the attempt to collect from her and passed it off to me. I tried to tell her that she took down the wrong expiration date and she got frustrated and stated my daughter had an "attitude". At this point, I did not see how this was relevant to the issue regarding the erroneous expiration date. At this point told the rep that this has nothing to do with my daughter, but with the error of your department putting in credit card information and at that point she hung up on me. I was appalled that a collector would hang up on someone who is discussing payment and I called my daughter in frustration. My daughter called and asked to speak to a supervisor---

From Jamie:

I called to ask for a confirmation number for the payment to ensure it gets appropriately applied to the account. At that point the rep Travis placed me on hold to look up my account. He told me that Haynes does not offer confirmation numbers. I found this to be quite odd, since I have had experience in collections myself and always knew a confirmation number is given whenever a transaction takes place. I asked how can I ensure the payment gets applied once again and Travis placed me on hold. Travis came back to the line and stated that a supervisor requests to speak with you. A supervisor (and I use that term loosely) by the name of James came onto the line. I felt the need to express my disappointment in how the previous female representative handled the call with both myself and my mother. The supervisor right away without any hesitation was very defensive and stated my mother was wrong and that she was not hung up on that that she got her "story" mixed up. I was confused by what he meant, but was willing to hear him out. He stated there was a mixup in whom the rep was talking to. I asked him whom did she think she was speaking to and the supervisor bluntly said "I don't know". I told the supervisor that the female rep called me on my mobile phone and the supervisor placed me on hold. He came back to the line and simply stated "She just told me she never called your cell phone". I insisted that she did and boldly insisted that she did not. At this point I realized I was no longer dealing with a supervisor but an unprofessional, dense employee who could care less about customer service or trying to assist myself or my mother with this issue. The Haynes mobile number from which she dialed from is clearly in my cell phone: [protected] at 5:29p.m. EST on 2/20/08. To fabricate someone dialing your mobile phone is half-witted, idiotic, and just plain dumb. At this point we were going back and forth and the conversation was going nowhere. I finally gave up because I refuse to converse and argue with someone who's intellect and IQ level matches my shoe size. I would hope that the powers that be at Haynes Furniture Store become aware of the employees who are in "management" see how they are treating customers. I have worked in collections for over 5 years and there are tactics to collecting on past due accounts that include empathy, financial planning, and LISTENING. These were practices that were not used by the collections team at Haynes Furniture Store and I would expect such a reputable company would use better methods as well as hire more professionally grounded individuals to run their offices. I look forward to reconciling this remittance and using my services elsewhere when I purchase furniture in the near future. This is so unfortunate, because I have been a customer of Haynes for over 20 years and have loved their customer service in the showroom. However, their collections team has forced me to discontinue my business with this company.

• Wh
    what different will it make Mar 06, 2008

I am so glade that I got to read this. TO even think that I was going to do business there. Regardless of the situation, it was handle wrongly. If this what they do to there customers after taking there money and when having a problem with staff they play games. Oh not I will not and I mean not tolerate such nonesense in any form or fashion. I really believe that maybe you had a bunch of collection agency from the store just playing around and showing you what size shoe they actually do wear. I would like to thank you and I appreciate you finding the time to inform the public about your situation. Besides calling your daughter harrassing her about your bill. First of all they violated your privacy by discussing your account with her. Thats not her account. Get a lawyer and get some advise on this matter cause after she stated that she was not the individual and they continue to call her phone. Harrassment!

Refusal to refund deposit

On January 12, 2007, I visited Haynes Furniture in Virginia Beach, Va., and placed an order for carpet after giving the saleswoman the measurements which were VERY accurate. I gave a $600 deposit by check which was paid by my bank within two days. I was given an estimate and the saleswoman was to have my house measured by their people and then give me a firm price for the carpet. The house was measured the following day, the 13th. Then two weeks passed and I called the saleswoman. She said the measurements had never been submitted and, after twelve days, she got the measurements and her estimate was off by more than $1,000. I asked for a refund and she agreed to submit the paperwork for the refund immediately. The refund never arrived. Now, when I call Haynes, I am either disconnected, put on hold to never be answered, or put through to someone's voice mail to never get a return call. All I want is my $600 returned to me. I feel the estimate was deliberately low to entice me to make the deposit. Then the price was jacked up far beyond what I had budgeted for the job.

• Kb
    K Brown Mar 30, 2008

On 3/4/08 I made my final payment on a sofa and love seat w/Haynes Furniture. I also scheduled a pick-up date for 3/29. I was promised that my furniture would be at the Hull Street location on this day. Luckily before I went across town, I called the store only to find out the furniture was not there and no one could give me an explanation as to why. I had already hired someone to pick-up the furniture for me on this date. The store did offer to reimburse me for this and have the furniture delivered to the store on 3/30 but it is the principal of the matter; the store did not live up to it's promise. This is the third unpleasant experience I have had w/this company. A well known company like this should be more organized.

Matt May 11, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM HAYNES FURNITURE/NORTH CAROLINA AND CO. I am not only displeased with my furniture set but also the customer service with Haynes Furniture.

• Co
    consumer121 Oct 30, 2010

From all of the complaints, I knew that Haynes had a very bad reputation for poor service. Unfortunately I found the perfect bedroom set in their store last year so I took a chance and ordered it.

Despite my misgivings, I found the experience to be wonderful. They called me and confirmed my delivery, then called me with me time frame just as they said they would. The drivers showed up as scheduled and were a joy to deal with... unfortunately this was last year and either I just lucked or something has changed.

With the wonderful experience I had, I did not hesitate to purchase 3 rooms of furniture from them several months ago. I did receive the call with a time frame, but the drivers did not arrive on time, were not friendly and basically just dropped the furniture and ran. As I was trying to get everything put together I noted several issues and contacted service.

To cut to the chase, it was a horrible delivery and has been a nightmare ever since causing me to take several days off work to meet with technicians and after 2 months I still do not have satisfactory furniture in my home.

In asking questions I have since found out that "The Dump" now runs Haynes. They are no longer a "real" furniture store that they used to be.

As they say "Buyer Beware" and when dealing with Haynes that statement could not be more accurate.

Stay away from Haynes!

On December 31, 2005, my wife and I, aged 49 and 53 respectfully, went to the Haynes Furniture Store in Newport News, VA to shop for additional furniture for our new house. The sales ad attracted us because it said "no payments, no interest for 2 years". This lured us in. Our money was real tight and we needed to set up our new house. We figured we could pay it off within the 2 year timeframe, at OUR convenience.

We explained to the salesman why we were there and he was delighted. If we told him once, we told him a thousand times, that we were there because of the "no payment" part. He agreed and said we don't have to worry, he'd take care of us. My wife picked out $6,000 worth of furniture. The salesman wrote down each piece as fast as she picked it out. When we were finished, he completed the paperwork and said he was going to the credit department to confirm the order. When he returned, he said we'd have to put down 20% to lock in this good deal. I gave him my credit card. They charged $1,200 towards my account. We had to wait while the final paperwork was done. It took about an hour. When the salesman came back in he presented our bill of sale to us. He explained, and pointed out, the finance charges that would occur if the bill wasn't paid for in 2 years. I said I understood. He asked me to initial the finance statement and sign the bottom of the bill. I did and we left, happy with our shopping experience.

Five weeks later I received a bill in the mail from the Home Furnishing Credit Company, a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. I called them immediately to explain a mistake had been made. They said to check my contract. It requires a minimum payment. I did and, to my complete amazement, at the end of the finance charge statement, hidden in the corner was the words "Min payment required". This was not deal my wife and I signed on for.

I contacted the store salesman, who has selective amnesia, and then the store manager. The store manager was more helpful than the salesman but claims the credit department wouldn't change the salesman's screwup. She was sorry. Now we're stuck with a monthly payment that puts our finances in a tighter bind.

Haynes Furniture is a complete ripoff. They lure you to the store, sweet talk you the whole time, then, when the time is right, sucker punch the unsuspecting. The customer is NOT number 1 at Haynes. The dollar bill is. Stay away from Haynes!

• Be
    Betty N. Bashara Feb 07, 2007

I have given up on trying to settle this by phone. Either I am disconnected, put on hold to never get answered, or sent to someone's voice mail to never get a return call.

On January 12, 2007, I gave Maryann Sarantino a $600 deposit by check for carpeting. The measurer, Chris Persens, came to my house the next day and measured. Then nothing. Twelve days passed and I was never contacted with the final figures for the work. When Maryann Sarantino finally got the measurements, she called and told me the original estimate was off by more than $1,000 even though it was prepared using my measurements which were VERY accurate. At this time, I asked for a return of my deposit and she said she would put in the paperwork immediately. Well, she didn't. When I talked to Candace in the business office, the request for the check had never been made. My calls to Robert Pcholinski and Wanda Solomon are never returned. The check I gave Maryann was paid by my bank within two days. Haynes is floating my money and giving me the runaround on a refund. I never dreamed Haynes had turned into such a sleazy business. Betty Bashara

• Je
    jessica santiago Aug 29, 2007

Dealing with Haynes is like selling your soul to the Devil. I'm new to VA and was recommended to shop at Haynes due to their excellence in customer service, well let me tell you that one person must of been fired. MY husband and myself enter Haynes on jefferson in January and purchased a $3,000 dollar bedroom set. Now eight months, over deliverieslater, 4 technicians visits, numerous trips the store, endless phone calls to anyone who would listen, and being their personal storage I've finally received my bed. Now thru out the entire time I'm making damn near all off the phone calls because they barely call me to let me know what's going on, i wrote a 10 page letter front n back to the Better Business Bureau giving them a play by play. Insaid i better be given an extra piece of furniture or cash back for all of this stress n money lost was yes to death n now that the time has arrived for my compensation they offer me a $300 dollar gift certificate with a take it or leave it attitude. I'm still dealing with this n I'm waiting for a technician to come out b/c the delivery men didn't put my bed together correctly. Thanx Haynes for your good ol southern hospitality. I strongly would advise that anyone reading this takes it seriously do not ever shop at haynes you might as well burn your money!!!

• Pe
    Peggy Stamey Feb 09, 2008

We have made several purchases from Haynes & were waiting
    anxiously to have them delievered. The first purchases were a Curio & Sofa. When the delivery came, the curio's
    door wouldn't close and it was not stable so we refused
    to accept it. The sofa seemed O.K.

Next we purchaesed a China Cabinet, when delivered there
    was a big dark spot on the top of it. I called and a technician
    came out & restored the piece.

Now the sofa has gotten off center & there are large gaps
    between the cushions, which are very irritating to say the
    least. I called and a technician came out and said it was
    caused by the way we were sitting on the couch, she tired to
    fill in the gap, by shoving the cushions aganist each other. I
    still wasn't happy, but she just shoved it off & said do this,
    do that, & left. The couch still has a large gap. I am
    very disatisfied & feel that Haynes is selling seconds. The
    floor pieces look nice, but delievered to your home from
    their waehouse, the pieces always have a defect.

A very disatified customer.

jorden Jul 10, 2008

I believe that it was stupid of you in the first place to charge 6, 000 dollars to a card I'm only 20 and i know better than to charge my cards up like that. Next I went to Haynes and it is a bad deal and your really need to read and listen closely.

• Ni
    Nicole Barnett Oct 15, 2018

Box spring frame is broke.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices