Haverty's / High prices

Let me start off by saying that no one should ever shop at Haverty's and here are reasons why.

1: Furniture markup--- Haverty's furniture is so tremendously marked up far more than any other furniture store. Take a piece that costs $999.00 in the store, Haverty's cost only $249.00. A piece selling for $1, 999.oo, again Haverty's cost is $599.00. A King Tempur-pedic Mattress that sells for $3, 199, Haverty's paid only $1, 299.00. You can buy 80%-90% of their product from another store if you know who makes it and all you have to do is just ask. They may give you the bull that it is a Haverty brand (Haverty's does not make any of their product).

2: Quality of product--- Haverty's product is not the best by comparison. I have seen so many returns because of the unit falling apart or just being delivered damaged. You

3: Delivery cost--- Haverty's has raised their delivery charge from $49.95 to $199.99-$699.99. If anyone pays this, then shame on you.

How do I know these things---- I am a former employee. If anyone has any questions then just email me @ enoch17@wmconnect.com for full details on anything concerning Haverty's. Email me before you buy and I will save you time and money.

Comments

• Bi
      4th of Aug, 2008

Your an idiot. Do you even realize Tempurpedic has MAP pricing. Its the same at every retailer in the country. ###

• Bi
      4th of Aug, 2008

Old Enoch has had a little trouble with the law it seems. I am guessing he is a very reliable source on how companies operate. So Enoch, are you just stealing credit card numbers? Are you solociting to get us all better prices so you can steal from us too?

• Ke
      5th of Aug, 2008

I know there is a cost for Tempurpedic that is sold everywhere for the same price, but the retailer price is dead accurate at what you quote. People need to realize that that this company is ripping people off with their high mark-up. I am glad someone had the courage to speak up against this. I also see that you have a reference about the Manager at the Florence, SC (Tony Scott) location on another site. I have heard about this from many sources and I believe this Manager needs to be fired for harassing the female employees as well.

• Rd
      8th of Nov, 2008

I tried to negotiate a discount on a home office collection sold by Haverty's. The Chateau de Vin collection is manufactured by Aspenhome and is modular in construction ... you can mix and match different components.

Haverty's quoted me $5, 000 for the set of components I was interested in. I asked for a 20% discount because I know the margin in the furniture industry are high. I was immediately told that Haverty's has a "no haggle" policy and they could not adjust the price.

I contacted Aspen Home and requested other retailers in the Dallas area that sold their merchandise. I was referred to Weirs and Charter Furniture. Weirs for similiar components (slight differences) quoted me approx $3, 300. Charter Furniture for the same components (from what I could tell) quoted me $3, 000.

I contacted my sales person at Haverty's and alerted her to the price discrepancy. The "Asset Manager" at Haverty's returned my email, and informed me that the Aspen Home furniture that Haverty's carried had "added features" from Weirs which accounted for the difference in pricing. I am an amateur woodworker, so I was interested in what the added feature were ... I went back to Haverty and thoroughly looked over the furniture at Haverty's and could not note any "added features" other than pull out lighting on the hutches (certainly not worth an incremental $2, 000 in my opinion). From what I could tell, the furniture was identical (other than the pull out lighting) to the furniture at Charter and Weirs.

I asked for a complete list of added features that would account for the increased price ... as of yet, no response from Haverty's.

This just proves ... Caveat Emptor