Hathway Broadband Internet / Net is not working properly

India Review updated:
I am Amit Mahajan staying in kothrud Pune. We have an Hathway Broadband Internet copnncetion. But the service is very poor. We have an 8 to 8 conection,but net is rarely working.
And customer care service is very poor... i tried so many times but no way.
And wen i called the customer care person is not taking properly.
From last week the net is not working.

A  16th of Mar, 2007 by
I am also having the same problem. I agree with his statement. There is no response form the people who ever in the customer care. They will say it will ready in half an hour. And ask us to keep the modem on. That's all. It will be on for a week or month god knows when it will connect. Past one month i am struggling with Hathway Broadband Internet connection. The service is very poor.
A  20th of Apr, 2007 by
Yes, i am also a victim. I have paid RS.2500/- towards installation charges. Their services is also very poor. Always faulty line, when inquiring they will tell fiber broken, or power failure, or server down, and so many excuses, but in payment terms they are very strict, if the customer laps one hour after the due date time, connection went off, showing " your package expired".

It is really a nightmare with this provider, so i totally agree not to go for hathway internet connection. Now i took airtel broadband and am happy now.
N  25th of Aug, 2007 by

Hathway Broadband Internet - connection frequently goes off and again gets restored

my reg no is 142202 at pune hathway; my internet connection goes off and gets restored frequently specially at night time
D  13th of Sep, 2007 by
I am kannadhash.My account number is 181697. I had complaint for last
two days. I spoken to your costumer care person are Mr.praveen(morning shift), Sanmugam, Abdhul, Narayanan. All person are told to me, our service Engineer will come with in half hour and he is rectify your problem. (service Engineer name is Mr. selvin).But no responce for your side. what can i do? I am waiting for your reply. please contact this mail id appasamyrd@gmail.com
A  23rd of Oct, 2007 by
Oh yes, I completely agree... the hatchway is a complete crap... its been 4 months since I disconnected but I am still waiting for my deposit money to be refunded... big crap... I hate the hatchway service and internet!
N  31st of Jan, 2008 by
I totally agree with Amit, the same thing is happening to me for last 12 days, I am calling their customer support everyday. I paid for 3 months (Rs 1685/- ) and within 3 weeks account got deactivated... I am asking the reason for the deactivation, they are not able to answer saying they will arrange a call from technical department!. In these 12 days at least 30 calls I made, they never called me back!!! Really pathetic service! Now they started giving some other numbers, saying I directly call those guys and ask!, I did that also but no result, tomorrow I am going to their office, I am fed-up with their pathetic service! customer service at their heights!
A  2nd of Mar, 2008 by
I have taken broadband connection and also hathway tv connection also but it sucks. Every sunday there is no tv or internet connectivity. Users please go for some other provider other then hathway beware of hathway
A  24th of May, 2008 by
The cutromer care is teh worst.
I ahve been having a connection problem for teh past 5 months and i must ahve called the customer care at least a 1000 times. The voice ceneter is not at all healthy to speak with, they do not visit the house to reparir at all, there is huge communication gap between the service executives, i am so fed up with the hwole hatway way of working, its an absolute pain and a beigger pain tpo deal with the service executives- they are not helpful, not polite and are so rude to speak with. i have decided to terminate my connection with hathway - if they cant refund me, i throw the money back at them so that they cna invest with the same in training their service executives more corteous - the whole mangement is loose and useless.

A super anoyed customer
A  25th of Jun, 2008 by
Hathway service sucks. The service is very poor. The modem gets disconnected frequently. the connection gets lost, The customer care service is of no use as they keep on saying that the issue will be resolved. but no one comes and resolves the issue.
N  13th of Jul, 2008 by
We are not getting the speed as at the contracted level of 512 KB and getting a speed of only 70-98.
N  24th of Jul, 2008 by
i am your coustmer from 1 year, i waana change your service with 8-other connections of my reff in coimbatore b'cause my goodwill has declince with in this reff b'cause of your services. you hv two options one. you make my services better or two. take your connection and repay my this&previous month bill
A  24th of Sep, 2008 by

Hathway Cable & Datacom Pvt. Ltd.,
Trade World, ‘B’ Wing, 10th Floor,
Kamla Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Road,
Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400 043

Sub: Non functional Internet connection since more than 1 ½ month, Ac no – 299578

What the complaint is about?

1. Non functional internet connection since 1 ½ month.

2. Non redressal of complaint by the Company’s Customer Care after repeated complaint.

3. Deficiency in services rendered by your company.

4. Defective connection since the day of installation.

5. No after-sale service.

Nature of Complaint;

Dear Sir,
I, the undersigned, would like to bring to your notice the malicious, negligent and wrongful act done by your employees.

It has been 1½ month now that I have been repeatedly complaining about the faulty and non functional internet connection to your Customer Care Department since the day of installation.

My recent complaints No. are – 1730509 – 8th August 2008 & - 1746249 – 12th August 2008

Since 12th of August 2008, repeated complaint has been given with the above complaint No. 1746249.

The Customer Care department has not done any thing till today. Every time I call up they have the same reply that a Service Eng. will come to your place and repair the defect. The Service Eng’s. visited my place but were not able to start my connection.

In spite of my repeated approaches, in person & writing the Zonal Office at Kandivali (East) and Main Branch (Lower Parel)
Have not made my connection functional till today.

The fact is that the charges for the monthly connection are taken in advance, neither the Zonal Office nor the Main Branch have rectified the fault and made my connection functional.

When I, enquired with the, ‘Service Eng.’ at your Zonal Office, Kandivali (East), Gokul Nagri 2, he was not at all interested to talk to me and not ready to take my written complaint.

Page 2 of 3.

I wonder that the Customer care people don’t even know about their M.D [ Hathway Cable & Datacom Pvt Ltd.] because on asking for your (M.D) contact details & Email ID, they inform that they are not aware about it.

It’s like a ‘Tata employee’ saying that he is not aware that
Mr. Ratan Tata is the M.D of Tata Group.

Not only this, they are not even ready to give the details of the person accountable for the non redressal of my complaint.

I hope that you are enlightened about these facts. I request you to make your staff Customer Friendly and train them for accountability & efficiency at work.

I also demand that the company should waive off the charges in the bill for the time my internet connection was non functional.

The company should reimburse the coast incurred by me in pursing this complaint till to-date. The amount works out to be Rs. 500/-

I hope the company will compensate for the Inconvenience & the Mental Strain caused by the non functional internet connection during the course of my complaint.

Thanking you,

Dr Kamlakar R. Bagal

Contact details; M – 98691 75155, Ph – 28851130
Page 3 of 3
N  17th of Nov, 2008 by
i am getting very poor speed . even after repeated complaints the customer care people says its site problem or server is down or any other problem. i have 1 mbps plan but i receive 10-12 kbps speed, it sucks . it is slower than a dial up connection.to rest of people i advice u, go for mtnl or sify unlimited plans
N  7th of Jan, 2010 by
Even I also face the problem in Hathway bangalore, The person who is in customer care Dept really they are not responsible and I can say they don't know anything apart of collecting money.
I have quarterly plan of 128kbps they changed it to monthly w/o informing me and even more surprising is that when I asked customer care Dept about the twice monthlyy then they toldl some other story andwhen third time also got the Bill then I escalate it then came to know that their is no sync up between customer care Dept and Billing Dept.
Both of the Dept what responsibility they are handling I don't know.
A  23rd of Sep, 2010 by
For installation, I had to put up with a couple of no shows before someone finally turned up to install. After waiting for 3 hours in the morning, I threatened to call the Mumbai office. The technician who came to install late in the evening told me that he had met with an accident in the morning. I had been living long enough in Hyderabad to fall for that.

Now, when it came to closing my account, I had to call the Customer support a couple of times and they promised to send someone, and surprise, no shows again (2 times). Finally I left the hardware with my neighbour and vacated the house.

Now I am getting bills for the past few months at one shot!!!

Hathway Logo Hathway