Harvey Norman Malaysia / extended warranty lies

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I had a television covered under the extended warranty which broke after just 1 year of having it. Since it was covered, they would replace it. That was a month ago that they took my tv and I still don't have its replacement yet! They aren't even going to repair it--they will just give me a different tv (their choice). I agreed...but still have nothing to show for it. I don't know what other options I have (aside from not buying anything from Harvey Norman in the future). And they have told me several times that it will be delivered (on this day, on that day)...but nothing still. It's disappointing that they can so easily screw over their customers who paid hundreds in extra charges for the extended warranty. Very bitter.

Comments

• Ca
      9th of May, 2010

Yes, Very disappointing for after sales service. I get the same experience too. my camera was send in to repair for almost 1 month. now i get inform by the camera manufacture that my camera is ready to collect. from 3 week until now, harvey norman still not yet collect my camera and keep going to give a lot of ### excuse.

• De
      22nd of Apr, 2015

Strongly agreed to their lousy extended warranty policy. I felt it is just like a scam! Harvey Norman is useless!! So irresponsible! They just simply says that the spare-part cannot source and the repairment cost similar to the product purchase price, tonnes of unreasonable lame excuses. Also, they said that they have the rights to refund your cost of purchase price and tell you to buy any model appliances which they have at their showroom. They indirectly caused the consumer lose confidence into the particular brands of the product that consumer bought. Their way of handling such solution is very BAD!