Having problems with Harvey Norman?

Harvey Norman reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 20, 2006. The latest review Online Order was posted on Jul 28, 2021. The latest complaint cbecfrank5pcoa was resolved on Mar 25, 2019. Harvey Norman has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 505 reviews. Harvey Norman has resolved 126 complaints.

Harvey Norman Customer Service Contacts

+61 130 046 4278 (Australia, Store Enquiries)
+61 297 636 899 (Australia, Online Enquiries)
+64 800 464 278 (New Zealand)
+64 800 258 741 (New Zealand, Photo Centre)
+385 15 566 200 (Croatia)
+386 15 855 000 (Slovenia)
+60 130 088 5200 (Malaysia)
A1 Richmond Road

Slovenia
Airport Road 3D, 1000 Ljubljana

Singapore
315 Outram Road № 01-01/02, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Harvey Norman Customer Service. Initial Harvey Norman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Harvey Norman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Harvey Norman. Discuss the issues you have had with Harvey Norman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Harvey Norman Complaints & Reviews, Page 24

Harvey Normansales assistants who dont give any assistance

I have been in the Harvey Norman Store to purchase many different items I could have purchased much more if it was for the lack of help from the floor staff at the Hoppers Crossing store. Today I purchased a $800. vacuum cleaner from a very knowledgeable staff member but it took me as least 10 minutes to get some help as the staff were too busy talking to each other and the young female behind the counter was to busy chewing with her mouth wide open ( not a good sight). I also tried to purchase a Lap top but no one came near me and while my partner and myself tried to get assistance to purchase a sound system for our TV we watched 3 male staff members having a great talk and laugh. They did look our way a couple of times but did not make an effort to assist us. We left not very happy. with the no service policy they have in that store. I did point out to the lady on the register that we couldn't get any help and pointed to the 3 males still standing around talking. She did say she was sorry but she had nothing to be sorry about or maybe she is sorry for working in a place that does not believe in customer service. Well I will have to take my business to somewhere else. My partner always complains when we enter that store as we can not get served we end up leaving again. He believes its just a waste of a drive. signed very disapointed

• Se
      Serve well Jul 16, 2015

They don't care! And the managers support this poor customer service. I am shocked that the customer service at Harvey Norman is getting worse and worse. I was threatened by a manger that he would call the police - I was just standing up for my rights under the Australian Consumer Law. I am speaking to lots of stakeholders, especially about the fact that complaints don't even seem to be responded to now. This may breach the law in many ways.

Harvey Norman Store Bundaberghow I was not served

I am a woman on my own going into Harvey Norman to purchase several large white goods asking the sales man for prices on the goods I wished to purchase he conclued with he would give me the price when I got my husband to come in for the final choice.I then told him he had lost my business as I did not have a husband, and would never go into a Harvey Norman Store again the Good Guyes got the sale which was over $6, 000.
    I have been in retail all my working life and have never presumed a customer's position

• Ap
        apuharmi Jun 13, 2011

This comment may be a little late, but believe me, you
        are not 'Robyn Crusoe' regarding this company. The staff
        would be rejected as parking officers, their products are over-priced (no-matter what the DEAL may say), they
        prey on people who can't afford to pay cash, and their
        total arrogance regarding all this is actually sad,
        because people (even stupid ones) will only put up with
        so much, for so long. All their jobs are in jeopardy,
        as people like you and I wake up to them. Mind you, old
        Gerry won't give a Rat's, as he's already made his dough.

Harvey Normanunprofessional service

I bought a Toshiba laptop from Harvey Norman Mutiara Damansara on 16 Jul 2010. When I return the unit to the shop few days later because of a faulty speaker, I was told that I cannot exchange it with a new unit because I did not returned with the box. When I asked why a box is needed, he just said that this is the procedure, then he said they need the serial number when it is clearly stated on the unit itself. At this point I am totally unhappy and ask why he did not caution me about keeping the box. He then said he thought he did and anyway it is stated either on the invoice or the warranty card and I should read it. I did not immediately go through all the fine prints at the back of the invoice because it is so fine that it require a magnifier but when I check it at home later, it is not there!! Did the staff even know these thing at all?? When I ask to see the manager, the staff just convey the message that there is nothing the manager can do about it without even bothering to talk to me. Is that the standard Harvey Norman service to their customer? I am very disappointed with the attitude of the staff which is totally unprofessional. They have failed to offer the proper post sales service/advice expected from a perceived reputable (?) shop. They have failed to live up to the Harvey Norman claim of 'Service with a Smile'. I feel totally cheated and this will be the last time I give any business to Harvey Norman.

annoyed and ripped off Aug 29, 2010

agree totally

annoyed and ripped off Aug 29, 2010

I too bought a hp pavillion lap top from Harvey Norman which broke down approx6months after purchase, but was told see this is why flexirent and extended warranty cover comes in handy as all faults or accidental damage is covered. Great I thought til I was forwarded on to other networks (extended warranty and flexirent) who then also put the blame back to each other non stop and Harvey Norman. 18 months into a contract now and no working computer for 10 of those months but no one will put there hand up to replace it. They are or were however, very happy to accept my payment on time everytime. This is a complete joke and as the store is franchised there is no real way to get justice through the complaint centre... I will never purc hase another thing through flexirent or Harvey Norman Forster well Harvey Norman full stop...

Harvey Normanbad customer service/ bad workmanship

I always shopping at Harvey Norman because their electronics have best quality, but now I should change my mind because of their staffs. Harvey Norman should training their staff and teach them how to serve customer. They are so rude and never answer my questions.
        Your service make me and other people feel sick, but you say you are professional service. Is it Your professional is not answer customer qusetion and ask them to find by theirself? Is it your proffessional service is racism?
        I promise I will never shop at Harvey Norman anymore, and I will tell my friends how you treat your customers so rude.
        Once they if you loose your customers, remmeber to review your service.

Harvey Norman (City Cross Adelaide)3d tvs and sales persons

Over the last couple weeks I have been researching 3D televisions such as the sony HX8 and 9. I started going into the stores to have a look at them physically starting at a sony centre (awesome service and friendly staff), secondly I went into harvey norman city cross (whom I'm complaining about). Skipping to the point...the staff member ( who came over a pushy and intollerable) try to force the samsung 3d on me even though I could see plain as day the sony was far better in both the 3d quality, picture in general and build quality.

Here is the kicker I know for a fact that sony has delayed the glasses and IR sender release. Stock quantities are expected in the next couple months, from what I have experienced I can see that this staff member was just trying for a sale but happiness of the customer is first priority. Keep us happy we'll come back and or tell our friends. I know of all the tips and tricks in the trade for sales person, such as friedmann training etc. But no sales person has the right to sell an inferior product and plead the ignorance case.

I think i might stroll down the street next time and give the VISA to Sony Centre and if not them NOT HARVEY NORMAN!!!

REMEMBER PEOPLE ASK ABOUT STOCK IF THEY DONT SAY A THING, WON'T TELL OR THERE IS NONE THEY'LL TRY AND SELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE AND IT COULD BE SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT, DO YOUR RESEARCH AND KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, IF YOU DON'T YOU MAY ASWELL JUST HAND OVER THE VISA AND SAY I WANT EVERYTHING.

Harvey Norman Mackay - Barry Goodwin — customer service

I've decided to share my complaint here due to the fact that I can find no way of contacting Harvey...

Harvey Norman — staff with poor manners!!!

I was shopping with my wife and 3 kids for a vacuum cleaner at 1pm on a saturday afternoon. The shop was busy...

Harvey Norman Flooring — timber impressions

my husband and i were quite addiment that we didnt want to purchase a timber impression floor if it was going...

Banora Point

Harvey Norman Warrawong — rude salesman

I went into Harvey Norman, King St, Warrawong store to purchase TWO set top recordable boxes for my tvs. I...

Harvey Norman, Gympie — gas stove

On the 17/3/10 my mother spent nearly three and half thousand dollars buying a fridge, a plasme tv and a ga...

Harvey Norman — dvd player

I went into Harvey Norman to purchase a multi-region DVD player. I was advised by Mark, one of the sale...

Melbourne

Harvey Normanservice

The service was really bad, you were shoved from one register to another without an operator at the register you were directed to, you made a purchase in one department that couldn't finalize the sale, then there were bargain bins on the way out that you couldn't pay for the purchase of those bargain bins you had to go to another department, the staff were off hand and talked to "friends" who were customers - without even acknowledging you were there for over 10 minutes, I very rarely put pen to paper but the whole experience was disgusting and I will never shop there again.

• V0
                V0L4T1LE Jun 23, 2010

Each Department is owned by a different person, its frustrating but its the same thing as if you go to the shopping center you cant pay for you Myer products at the Telstra shop. harvey norman stores are actually many smaller stores all under one roof.

As for the cashier thing only certain staff are able to handle money. I perosnally think it detracts from the customer service but I am sure you can understand the security reasons behind it.

and if a staff member is not doing their job tell the franchisee in my experience they will be fired

Savloy Jun 30, 2009

I agree with Regan...you are a complete idiot. If there is a problem you actually call the "manufacturer" and they will assist you in fixing it or if they cannot they will give you a case number in which will allow you to have it replaced (within a certain period of purchase) or you can have it repaired in which case ur drop off point would be Harvey Norman and the manufacturer will take cafre of it. REMEMBER...Harvey Norman sell the goods and they are set within limitations and guildlines as to what they can or cannot do, and one of those being "the supplier/manufacturer have the right to inspec faulty goods before they are replaced...Seriously if you had customers coming over to you from the "comotion" then obviously you were acting like a fool...

• Re
                Regan Apr 10, 2009

Sorry mate but you are an idiot...
                All you need to do is follow your consumer rights instead of acting like a complete tool. HN can drag this out for up to 14 weeks (ACCC) So thats 14 weeks without your TV.
                If you treat HN like you would want to be treated, you will get serviced. If you act like a idiot they will treat you exactly like that... an idiot!
                Swallow you pride, apologise and they will fall over to help you...
                At the end of the day if the TV is faulty they have no options but to swap it.

• Ro
                Robert Apr 09, 2009

I purchased a 32" LCD tv. We used it for 3 nights and noticed the sound stopped intermittently. I took the TV backon the Forth night and advised them that it was faulty and I would like a replacement or a refund. They made a lot of excuses about the manager not being there and cant make those decisions although evenually the manager did appear. The manager advised me that I need to prove that the set is faulty. I suggested that the fault only happened intermitently and he said well he needs to check that it has a fault. Why the hell would I go to the trouble of taking a Television back to the store if it was fine, I had negotiated the best price available and there was no reason for me to lie. So I said I gues I have to leave the set here to which he replied you can take it if you wish. Then how can he test it? So I guess if I take it I need to accept that there is no fault. Other customers became interested in the comotion and I started explaining the problem to them. They agreed that the treatment was poor and incorrect. The staff seeing that I was talking to other customers demanded that I leave the store. I stood out side the store talking to people as they passed me by and then a security guard was called and removed me assulting me on the way out. I wish I could find the people who witnessed all this. Now I have no TV.

Harvey Normanlies, and lies

I am sick to death of being lied to everytime I go into the Harvey Norman store in Maitland, and not being able to lodge a complaint. In particular the one woman in the white goods section. When she eventually served me see went out of her way to point out that this was the last of that model avalible and no more could be ordered. That the price should be $699 that I could not get it at that price ever again and I had to buy it now. When I enquired about another brand, she said they no longer produced that product. I had been in contact via email about these products and I knew the RRP and the avalibility of stock. She then proceeded to try and sell me a product that was nearly $2000. She was rude and pushy answered no questions and basicly implied I was stupid because I wanted to purchase a twin tub washing machine which she obviously considered below her. This is not my first experiance with this woman and on three previous occasions she has used the same technique of the is the only one avalible, upping the original price and looking down her nose because I wished to purchase the smaller option. But their loss as there is a Joyce Mayne next door, and I am a regular customer, I got my new washer, I could have bought three then and there, or ordered a hundred more discounted from a RRP of $499. So much for the last one avalible in the country. My advice in Maitland is, go to Harvey Norman show your children what an evil lier looks like and go next door and buy from someone else.

Maginnus Mar 30, 2011

Unfortunately for you, you've ultimately been giving your money to the same people. The Harvey Norman 'group' own Joyce Mayne. And Domayne, and a few others.
                  But at least you're giving your commission dollars to someone better..!

Harvey Norman Malaysia — extended warranty lies

I had a television covered under the extended warranty which broke after just 1 year of having it. Since it...

Harvey Normanbed delivery

I bought a HotWheels racing car bed, mattress, bedding and desk for my little boy two weeks ago. At the time I paid $60 for delivery and was told that the order would be delivered either the Monday coming or, if not then definately the following. Well it is now the following Monday. I called them (no that's right no communication on their part) and asked what time it would be arriving only to be told that the bed is there but the desk is still in transit. So my husband asked if they could just deliver the bed and we would go in to pick up the desk ourselves. We were told no, that the delivery people had probably already left.

WTF???? HOW ABOUT GETTING OFF YOUR ### AND CHECKING WITH THE DELIVERY PEOPLE TO SEE WHETHER THEY HAD ACTUALLY LEFT??

HOW ABOUT KEEPING US INFORMED ABOUT OUR PURCHASE???

DO THEY THINK PEOPLE CAN JUST SIT AROUND ALL THE TIME IN HOPE THAT DELIVERIES MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT TURN UP???

MY POOR LITTLE BOY IS WAITING AND WAITING HE IS SO EXCITED - AND HE HAS EVEN GIVEN UP HIS DUMMY IN EXCHANGE FOR A RACING CAR BED THAT HE HASN'T FRIGGIN GOT - I HAD TO TELL HIM THAT IT'S NOT COMING AFTER ALL AND WATCH HIM CRY! -

OH BUT SO LONG AS THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY THEY DON'T GIVE A ### - THEY SAY ANYTHING TO GET A SALE THEN ONCE THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY WONT GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY!

Harvey Norman Electrics Alexandrithe delivery man said f word to me

the sales man named danny is a liar and a cheater. the delivery man named mohammed is very rude. he kept saying f words at my home. I reminded him not, but he would not listen to me. I bought a fridge yesterday and the sales man danny promised me that the fridge will be delivered to my home on the day I bought. danny also said that the delivery man will put the fridge in the place I want and remove the old fridge. However, the delivery actually come to my home one day after and due to the delay, all of my food went bad. Moreover, the delivery man mohammed charged me $20 to remove the old fridge. Nobody told me about the extra money for removing fridge/ I called danny and he changed his face from a friend to an enemy and said " everyone knows it why you donot know? you did not ask that is your problem" in fact before I bought, I kept asking " will the delivery man help me remove the old fridge?" Danny only said "yes" no more word!!!

The most terrible thing is when I argued with mohannnd, he kept saying F word at my home!!! I just want to make clear do I need to pay the extra $20, does that deserve many F words???

I am very disappointed with harvey norman and definitely would not buy anything from it anymore. In fact, I had two receipts. one said the fridge should be at my home on 23th of Jan 2010 and the other receipt said I received the fridge on 24th jan 2010. I also taped when mohammed said F words to me. So I am considering to sue harvey norman for the delayed delivery and the rude service.

Harvey Normandvd - r disc's

I visited the wangaratta store, dvd's were on special at$16.00 each.I was almost charged $24.95 each quanty 2. I thought that the price was excessive for non printable disc's, I had just been to another store and they were $23.00 for printables for 50. I also called into the Harrvey Norman Store in Shepparton on my way back from Melbourne where the DVD's were advertised at $9.95 but I paid $32.00 for the 2 but they were prinables which I accepeted.<br /><br />
                    I am have recently bought a TV at the Wangaratta store and other items at the same store but no more, I will never shop at your your7858a store ever again and furthermore I will tell other people the same thimg.<br /><br />
                    <br /><br />
                    Kevin Chandler 3/76 Hume Street Mulwala NSW. 2647.

dvd - r disc's

Harvey Norman — lounge suite not good quality

I purchased a lounge suite form harvey norman 10 days ago... However im not satisfied, its simply not a...

Dandenong

Harvey Normanreplacement extended warranty is void

I have purchased Replacement Program extended warranty by paying additional fee when I purchased a printer, which extends the warranty for additional 12 months after manufacturer's warranty expires. The printer broke after the manufacture warranty was expired, so I tried to claim a replacement through Harvey Norman. However, the price of the exact same printer model have been gone up since I purchased it, and Harvey Norman will not hand out the replacement eventhough the warranty is titled "Replacement Program". They will only offer store credit. Now I end up with no printer, and store credit is not enough to buy the same printer. They want me to pay cough up more if I want the same printer.

Please save yourself from troubles, don't bother with Harvey Norman.

• Ar
                          arundeep Jun 03, 2013

Don't waste time and GO to Ombudsman.

Jason Shaw Jul 28, 2011

I have purchesed a HP Officejet 7500A from Harvey norman cannington wa and within 27 days it started to make weird sounds inside and eat paper i contacted the store to ask for a replacement and they game me some bs story that it would have to be sent away and could take an extended amount of time to fix the issue.

• Sb
                          S BRITTEN Jan 23, 2010

we brought a lg plasma tv at harvey normans and had extented warranty with eighteen months to go. the picture started to go and have been told it might be the plasma and regassing is not covered in warranty. we was not told this when buying tv. we have always been good customers at harvey normans but wont be now. we are pensioners and can not afford a new tv

• Sb
                          S BRITTEN Jan 23, 2010

WE BROUGHT A PLASMA LG TV WITH EXTENTED WARRANTY IN HARVEY NORMAN IN HOBART . IT IS NOW PLAYING UP WITH THE PICTURE WE HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS THE PLASMA AND WONT BE COVERED BY WARRANTY . HOW CAN A $3.500 LAST ONLY THREE YEAR AND WHY PAY FOR EXTRA WARRANTY. WE ARE ONLY PENSIONERS AND CANT AFFORD NEW TV

Harvey Norman Rothwellrude staff, not standing by there warranty.

Harvey Norman Rothwell QLD...
                        My son purchased an MP3 player last year and unfortunetly it got a fault with the product so it was returned to the store. It was sent away for repairs as it was in the first 12 month warranty period.. ... but it could not be fixed so the product was replaced. This was Great...We had purchased the extended warranty so it would be covered for 2 years.
                        But just recently the product again become faulty, and as it is now in the 2nd year part of the Harvey Normans warranty.( REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ).
                        I rang the store and asked what we needed to do and were told that we just needed to take it back to the store, we would fill in some details, and maybe have a 24 hour waiting period for the product to be approved to be replaced, or we would be given store credit to the amount. Which was fine...
                        We went into the store, eventually was served, and we spoke to the staff tech guy and explained what had been happening to the product. He started saying that it could take a number of days to have the product get looked at, and to be decided what would be done with it...We said it was in the 2nd year warranty, which he replied it still needed to be checked to make sure there was something wrong with it, then it might get approved for a replacement.
                        As the product was no longer available, and there wasn't even another product in that brand name to replace it with... we asked what happens in this case.. His reply was they would just give us one they thought was suitable..When we questioned this, because we felt we should have some say in the product.. The staff member was rude, and very abrupt, ... of course we were getting annoyed at the way we were being treated, in the end we said we would return the next day to discuss what was going to happen.
                        The next day was worse, because the tech guy accused us of lying, because the product hadn't played up when he looked at it.. well of course this didn't go down very well with us...
                        He said they would hang on to the product until it played up.. we wouldn't get a replacement or anything until he noticed the problem... We demanded to speak to the manager.. we got no where.. We asked to speak to the owner.. he refused to speak to us.. I eventually spoke to the owner by phone many hours later to be told that we were rude and had upset the staff.. and that this was there policy, and if we didnt like it take it some where else... So we have ! but NOT HAPPY!
                        We went back in to pick it up the next day, to not being given all of the contents of the pack, and we had to return to the store, which was another confrontation with the store manager.
                        We are hoping another Harvey Norman store will give us better service... And stand by there warranty.We paid extra to have it.
                        There is no where to make contact with Harvey Norman for complaints...Unreal...

• Su
                            sus_one Nov 16, 2009

I have always received a great shopping experience with harveys at rothwell for sales and after sales service. I for one have dealt with both Morayfield store and Rothwell and cant say a bad thing about either store. I have also dealt with their extended warranty and have never had a problem. The correct procedure is not 24 hours and never has been in the time I have done business with them. It takes 3- 5 buisness days for your approval of a replacement product. Just like an insurance policy, the warranty is third party and is in no way up to the store to replace it, it is up to the warranty company. You as a consumer like me should have read the warranty terms and conditions however obviously you haven't!!

When you make a warranty claim you should call the warranty company, lodge a claim and they will then ask you to take the goods to your closest store for them to assess the goods to make sure they are faulty. We live in a digital age where nine times out of ten it's user error or computer errors (software) which is never covered by any warranty. Once the item is deemed faulty they confirm with the warranty company, then you receive a call to collect your replacement product. Oh and yes they do only have to replace with a suitable equivalent of your original product so again, you should have read all the warranty terms and conditions! Losing your temper will rarely get you anywhere, you have to understand there are guidelines and policies that all stores/companies must follow and it sounds to me like they were just doing their job.

How were you accused of lying? Was it simply a case of the tech guy not being able to fault the product therefore couldn't replace the item because that is far from accusing you of lying and from what you have said, it implies there was no problem found. You have to appreciate it from a retailers point of view! If they simply take everyones word for it, how could they make money? As I stated earlier nine times out of ten it is user error and if retailers simply replaced every item that consumers think are faulty. they would not be able to run their business because they would go broke!! Then where would you buy your mp3 player from? Perhaps ebay? Great service you will receive there, send your item back to hong kong and wait like 3 months before you get your item back!

I have worked in retail for many years and have seen how often a customer can be wrong. You must realise you can not put all the blame on the store...You need to take some reponsibility for yourself! You should be aware of warranty and replacement warranty procedures. If your to lazy to read them then try calling the warranty company and ask how the warranty procedure works. Too many people don't take the time to read this info in the first place yet spend their time complaining when something doesn't go there way. Also, you said your son bought it so have you seen the fault with your own eyes? Did you contact the manufacturer and troubleshoot the item? Did you read the owners manual and try troubleshooting the problem? Did you lodge a claim with the warranty company? If none of the above were done, then chances are you are in the wrong and not the store of purchase. Most of the time these devices need to be reset and it fixes all problems if any? Also their are regular software upgrades to fix common problems as no device that contains software is guaranteed to always operate correctly.

Perhaps try talking to Aaron or Keith at Morayfield!! I have always received both professional service with great tech knowledge from both staff. They have always been very helpful with info and have fixed my problems for me in store within a day or two. Replacements usually go through within 3- 5 days. I have had a few things replaced under the replacement warranty and I've always received great service. Admittedly I have been told no fault could be found on one occasion however when I got home, I realised after trying the item out it was simply me that was doing the wrong thing with it. It just needed an update (GPS) I admitted to myself that infact I was the fault and should have checked with the manufacturer before wasting the time of the store.

Whatever happens, all the best with your endeavour!!