Having problems with Harvey Norman?

Harvey Norman reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 20, 2006. The latest review Online Order was posted on Jul 28, 2021. The latest complaint cbecfrank5pcoa was resolved on Mar 25, 2019. Harvey Norman has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 505 reviews. Harvey Norman has resolved 126 complaints.

Harvey Norman Customer Service Contacts

+61 130 046 4278 (Australia, Store Enquiries)
+61 297 636 899 (Australia, Online Enquiries)
+64 800 464 278 (New Zealand)
+64 800 258 741 (New Zealand, Photo Centre)
+385 15 566 200 (Croatia)
+386 15 855 000 (Slovenia)
+60 130 088 5200 (Malaysia)
A1 Richmond Road

Slovenia
Airport Road 3D, 1000 Ljubljana

Singapore
315 Outram Road № 01-01/02, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Harvey Norman Customer Service. Initial Harvey Norman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Harvey Norman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Harvey Norman. Discuss the issues you have had with Harvey Norman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Harvey Norman Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Jul 20, 2019

Harvey Norman — dyson vacuum cleaner - unethical behaviour

Dear Complaints. I went into the store above after hearing the radio add relating to Dyson Vacuum cleaners at...

Jul 18, 2019

Harvey Norman — customer complaint about price and advertised promotion. customer complaint about return policy and misleading sales members

To whom it may concern, I'm writing to inform you of my unpleasant customer experience today at the Bundall...

Jul 18, 2019

Harvey Norman — furniture delivery

April 2019 we had new carpet supplied and installed by Harvey Norman. Sunday 14 th July. I purchased a lift...

Jul 15, 2019

Harvey Norman — customer service

I ordered, and fully paid for a tallboy and set of dresser drawers on the 11th of June 2019 and was assured...

Harvey Normanproduct claim service officer christina/ kelvin

5 Jul: I spoke to Christina from Product Claim (tel: 65 [protected]) to find out procedure to use the extended warranty service for my faulty printer.

I tried to get the cost of the worse damage for my printer so that I could justify if my trip down the center is worth it.

Christina couldn't advise me the cost and suggest it's not worth to repair.

She raised a reference e-mail for me to send in my printer for service.

11Jul: (Today, 9.15am) I checked - out the repair cost with Canon technical support center.

So I called H.N again. Christina got my call. I asked her to try getting the repair cost, she got impatient with me and asked a guy to handle me.

So Kelvin took over the phone. I asked the same question. He didn't answer my doubts but throw me questions that was already in their reference system.
I felt his impatience with me. I told him it's only the start of your working hours, please assist my printer issues professionally.
The last advice Kelvin gave me was : If within warranty after i sent in my printer for repair, If I need to repair, i will need to pay the $30 dignostic fee and send my printer from H.N Care Center to Canon Care Center by myself.

To me this is RIDICULOUS. It dosen't make any sense.

Harvey Normanfurniture department

Hi- currently feeling a little unhappy with your customer service. I purchased a 2 seater & 3 seater lounge, iPad 6th generation + accessories & hp wireless printer + paper from your Cambridge store on Sunday 30th June.
    On behalf of the devices customer service was great! However feeling really unhappy with furniture department. Once payed upfront in full for a lounge suite we were then told you currently had non in stock, and it would take up to 3-5 business days at most to arrive. Which we were happy and prepared to wait as we loved the furniture choice we had made.
    4 business days clicked by-still hadn't heard, decided to call the store to see where it was. All they could say was it would be here mid-month/next month!! Called again on the 5th business day to be told it shouldn't be too much longer. Waited over the weekend then called on Monday to be told it's in the state at the warehouse but unsure what rough day/time it would arrive.
    Very disappointed as we had been originally told after purchase it was max 5 days away. It's now currently 9 days later?
    If it wasn't going to arrive for 2 weeks that's fine we understand- we would have just paid a deposit. And it would of been much better to know as we've currently sold our previous couch- therefore we have nothing in the mean time. But instead we paid upfront in full to then be told it would be here max 5 days and after 3 phone calls & 9 days later it's still not here. If we hadn't of paid upfront would have definitely lost our business and we would have gone else where! Would usually spend a bit of money with nearly all our appliances purchased from Harvey Norman & purchased a new fridge/washing machine from you in the last 12months- May have to reconsider next time. Kerrie

Harvey Normanproduct care [protected]

We returned computer because charging cable wasn't going, and were told in due course the cable would be replaced. We were not told it would not be the manufacturers replacement cable. In the interim I purchased a temporary multi-charger at Harvey Norman, only to be given the same (a multi charger not the manufacturers cable) to which I complained at the time.
      This replacement multi charging cable does not fit the computer properly and has to be propped up with something underneath it to even charge.

We returned the computer again because the battery has fallen below 50% ability to charge. Now we are told our warranty that we paid for will be null and void if you replace the computer.
      The other choice is to replace the battery, which may have to come from overseas,
      and we would still have to use the unsatisfactory multicharger.
      We are not happy with that.

I would expect and be satisfied with the warranty to continue with a new replacement of the entire unit.

My Phone nos is [protected]

Harvey Normanproduct care

Hi,
        I was heavily pressured by the salesman into buying product care for an apple laptop and I wanted to cancel it on the same day and on your website it said I could cancel it within 15 days but the store manager refused to. Is there any way I can receive a refund? I have attached the receipt and the clause from your website where it says it can be cancelled within 15 days.

product care
        product care

Harvey Normanfridge delivery (floor damaged by driver while delivering the product)

Hi,

I booked 1x fridge -LG (427Ltr) from Harvey Norman Thomastown on Thursday 27th June 2019 and paid AU$150 in advance, remaining amount was due on delivery which was schedule on Saturday 29th June 2019 morning.

However, fridge was delivered on Saturday 11around in fine condition; however delivery persons/driver have damage my floor while delivering and there is big mark on the wooden surface. All photos are attached in this email.

Delivery driver was immediately informed right there and he also took photos.

I took photo of the receipt which they gave me to sign as delivery was completed, I mentioned on that receipt that floor is damaged / mark while delivering. Please see the photo attached in this email.

I also registered my complaint into your store via phone and Mr Faiz has noted and he told me that the person who manages all drivers will contact me to sort this out.

Following are some details of the driver

Delivery Truck Registration number: ZNU 457
          Delivery driver phone number: [protected]

My (customer) details are as follow:
          Name: Mohsin Ehsan
          Address: 13 A Queens Pde, Fawkner VIC 3060
          contact number: [protected]

Thank you.

Regards
          Mohsin Ehsan

• Updated by mohsinehsan1212 · Jun 30, 2019

I have being calling (phone) Harvey Norman Thomastown but I didnt got any satisfactory response on that. customer service representative saying that " someone will be get back to you as they get free"

I purchase fridge worth AU$700 + delivery charges AU$ 60 and they damage my floor.

Harvey Normanlifespan fitness rower

I left my mobile number in your queue yesterday and again today but you failed to call back.

I purchased a Lifespan Fitness Tower 441 online on 17/6/19. Less than 2 years later it broke

I have been unable to speak with anyone from your business for assistance with honouring my warranty.

You failed to send me a receipt at the time of purchase. All I have is Order No. [protected].

You have seven days to contact me on [protected] and I require an email sent to [protected]@gmail.com failing which I will commence proceedings in the NSW Civil and Admit Tribunal without further notice.

I I tend to take this further as you have sold me a defective product.

L Voory

Harvey Normanepson workforce printer wf-2750

I purchased a printer today from assistant 22 Pankaj. He was speaking so quickly, and selling so hard I misunderstood him to say that the printer did not come with ink and I had to purchase those for an extra $49 dollars above the printer price and the tech would install and test these for me. He kept trying to sell me a dearer product while I was asking him about the Workforce over and over stating thngs like in 6 months I would even the extra money out with a pricier printer than the Workforce. I stated no, I would like the Workforce and the printer ink please. He took my phone number and tried to sell me a surge guard, and a anti-virus and a VPN protector. No, I said, just the printer and the ink please. He rushed me over to the tech and said to the tech quickly please, I want this sale. He took the money from me and left me with the tech.
              Because I had been in a car accident yesterday, I have whip lash and a headache. It took me a minute to realise that the inks were actually in the box along with the printer. I questioned the tech around this and he said, hang on, we;ll get Pankaj to come over. When I questioned Pankaj, he was speaking very quickly and extremely assertively that in no way did he say that, three times he said very strongly that he explained to me the extra money was for the tech to insert the cartridges and test the printer. He was adamant to the point I did not have the strength to disagree because I was feeling so unwell. The technician was fantastic, he apologised to me, he was obviously very embarrassed, he did his job extremely politely, explained to me I could raise my concerns with you and even carried the printer to the car for me. I was very thankful for his kindness, because I was so upset with the way I had just been treated so dismissively. Pankaj said loudly, look it even states it comes with ink clearly on the box. I didn't get an opportunity to examine the box at any stage. I would like my $49 dollars back please. Thank you for listening.

Jun 08, 2019

Harvey Norman — bradford lou 3 seater

Hello We have been waiting a month after submitting photos and going into store twice for someone to help...

Jun 03, 2019

Harvey Norman — refusal of replacement of faulty goods

My husband Martin Van Ree got these Sony headphones in March, they cracked on the first use in 4 places. He...

Jun 02, 2019

Harvey Norman — misinformation regarding deposit, poor customer service

[removed] 2/6/19 To whom it may concern, Complain about transaction No 6178293 and invoice No 9309497 I...

Jun 02, 2019

Harvey Norman — masport 6 burner bbq

To the Complaints Dept, Harvey Norman. This email is to register a complaint regarding the service we...

May 24, 2019

Harvey Norman Hobart — bosch zoo pro animal vacuum cleaner 2200w va batch [protected]

I took the above item into the Hobart Store on 9th May 2019. I was told it would be taken to their repaired...

May 23, 2019

Harvey Norman — brother printer mfc-l2730dw

On 23Apr19 I purchased the above printer from Harvey Norman at Loganholme Qld; it was installed around the...

May 18, 2019

Harvey Norman — did not deliver what was in the price as well as bad service and water through house through poor connection

Hi, We bought a washing machine and a freezer on 28/4/19 and in the deal we paid for was a 6 kilo box of...

May 16, 2019

Harvey Norman — charge for nothing

To whom it may concern, I brought my brand new HP printer for repair. I bought the Printer in February in...

Harvey Normanonline purchase

Ordered tv online on 7 May checked availability at closest store paid for it went to pick it up and product hasn't been available since 14 feb. no explanation just given refund. Was not happy so went into store but they could offer me nothing. Put in query about product, supposed get reply within 48 hours. No. Put in another query. Still no reply. Tried live chat, they would pass msg on. 4 days later email says problem resolved! Really, nobody has even replied to me. No explanation, obviously customer doesn't come first! Somebody tell me how do you sell a tv that hasn't been available for 2 months ???