Harley Davidsonwet seat

last month i bought a new 2009 flht electraglide from my local dealer. i went to laconia and we suffered rain for 4 days. my new seat soaked thru and the foam inside was saturated with water. when you sit in the seat water runs out of the bottom corners and soaks your jeans plus you behind gets wet. the bike has 2000 klm on it harley told me to have a nice day not their problem----

Comments

• Al
      Jul 20, 2009

wow.
    motorcycles and rain are not friends. common sense tells any normal person that. if you left your couch outside would you be surprised that it became saturated with water. seriously.

• 2d
      Jun 23, 2011

Come on do you really believe in what your saying about not being in the rain on a motorcycle? How do you get from one point to another when it rains...stay under cover. When you drive your car in the snow or high winds do you pull over and hide... Motorcycles are made to run in the rain, as testing, or they could not build them. My seat on my 93 NEVER leaked like my 05 does. I have had the seams re-sewn twice so far and all the dealer tells me as he is scratching his butt is "Never heard of that one before, I will get back with you" yea right.
    I have applied seam sealer, no luck. My next approach is to seal the foam some way, pulling the cover off and applying a rubber sealer. Have to find a dealer and see what they think.