Harley Davidson / engine heat!

Phone: 865-621-6163

My 08 ultra is so hot it hurts, myself and my wife are being slow roasted by the motor and its not even summer. Can we file a class action suit against Harley Davidson for knowing their engines will burn the crap out of anyone riding it? I know Harley did this so the bike can pass the EPA standards but come on I paid $23, 000.00 for a bike that is almost as hot as the sun.

Lo

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2008

Please someone help us...

28th of Jul, 2008

My 2008 is like riding a gas grill and the only thing the dealer will say is "It's in spec". I said get it out of spec and they said no. Sure looks like a company that big would listen and do something for us.

Count me in. I love the bike, I just want to ride.

• Al
      19th of Dec, 2008

I have a 2007 dyna low rider, bought it brand new. I do not ride it often due to its heat on the right side of it. I had to see a dermatalogist because I had a severed inflamation of the skin on my inner thigh. I had bought it with the intention to ride it with the rest of my buddies. I wanted to be all American and bought an American product. all my buddies ride Japanese motorcycles.

I took it to the local dealer and no one told me other riders had the same problem as mine. They claim nothing is wrong with it, but I know there is something wrong with the excessive heat.

I had never driven a motorcycle and had plans to enjoy my retirement riding my bike, but I just ride it around for a few miles and come back and put it away.

Bottom line, I am afraid of getting that inflamation of the skin again. I could hardly walk.

• Wc
      10th of May, 2009

My wife and I just completed a 500 mile round trip on Mothers Day to her best friends. Half way back she pointed out to me the small 2nd degree burns above her right ankle and stated she can take it anymore. The temp this week-end was in the eighties and clear skies.
    We will try to work around this...She says she wont ride till winter.

• T2
      11th of Aug, 2009

Count me in. HD dealerships know of the problem, there are countless HD forums that detail and describe the problem, as well as the fix form the majority-spend morre money on retune, pipes, and air cleaner. I have heard from all about it being an air cooled engine, but should I be cooked and or burnt as I ride? I have explained to the dealership that if I had purchased a Sporty of some type I might be a little more acceptable, but when I have the supposed Caddy of HD, '09 UC, and have to spend more money JUST so I can ride it seems unacceptable. Love the bike and the ride itself, but the cooking seems to me a bit extreme and fixable at THEIR cost.