Handyman Club of America / constant subscription harassment

United States Review updated:
After paying and viewing a year's subscription to this so- called handyman magazine subscription, it has been determined it is useless to me. Under a guise of trials of tools for opinions, I decided to subscribe. Well I received a carpenter's pencil, a rubber nail holder and some other piece of useless "tool" that an infant could use, and reading the less than basic magazine, I decided not to renew the subscription. The company calls on the phone and is told NO to renewal, in the mail I receive constant renewal notices, and yesterday I received a letter forwarded to their accounting department that I am in arrears for a subscription I clearly have told them I do not want. If Larry Okrend and Kate Pope can read, I surely hope they can read this complaint. They certainly can't understand English when you tell them NO to something!!!

A  2nd of Jul, 2007 by
Handyman Club of America is threatening to turn me over to a collection agency for membership dues for a club I never joined.
A  9th of Jul, 2007 by
I wish I read this info earlier than I subscribed this club.

They keep sending me useless stuff - "tools" and books. They send me a unknown book that I never asked. After a couple of weeks, they ask me to pay for the strange book. Because I have no idea and do not have interests in this book, I have to pay postage and send the book back to them. They are really making trouble to me rather than helping me.

Handyman Club of America magazine contains very limited information for DIY besides ads. I received 3 issues so far. None of them is worthwhile to me at all.
A  9th of Jul, 2007 by
Strongly agree.
A  18th of Jul, 2007 by
Handyman Club of America sent me a collection agency letter. Anyone know how to contact them? I never started a membership however, they are still trying to collect dues. Will this hurt me credit score? Any help would be appreciative. Thank you.

N  10th of Dec, 2007 by
i tryed you for 1 yr.,i don't any more,cancell my membership,i will not renew.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com Logo HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com