Green Dot Enterprises / fake checks!

Green Dot Enterprises
When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This is even more proof of that saying. About 1 month & 1 week ago my cousin called me all excited about getting a check for $950 from GDE. She cashed her check, no problem, oddly enough she even checked with her Bank, which she was told it's a REAL check. My Fiance and I, who have a baby on the way, figured hey, let's try it! So we filled out the form, too. Yesterday he got his check for the amount of $2, 007.93. We figured hey, cool, we can catch up on some bills and put the rest to our wedding! That is until our Bank told us that the check is not only fake, BUT, US Bank (Which, if you've gotten checks from the "company" you know it's drawn on US bank!) and MoneyGram (Also listed on the check) no longer do business together. AND that the check number was cashed in 2003 BUT for a much smaller amount. Needless to say, we were very upset. I have never read any complaints about GreenDotMail.Com, guess I should have been searching for GDE all along. But, the bank also informed us that if we attempt to cash it that he would go to jail for a bad check, which we both find odd cause it's not really his fault, but, it's FL law, I suppose. We turned everything over to the police, since, thats what we asked to do. HOPEFULLY something gets figured out here. We'll see. But, I guess if you get a check less than 1, 000 it will be cashed??? By WalMart or your bank! If it's over 1, 000, then forget even trying, you'll go to jail and the "company" GDE will just use your Social for whatever they'd like!

N  18th of Jun, 2009 by
so I'm curious if your friend check went through?
N  30th of Jun, 2009 by
This is sad because as of today I just recevied a check in the amount of 946.00... and broke as I am its temping for me to cash this check but now that I have read these complaints... I tore the check up. Thanks for the warnnings about this FAKE company.

Green Dot Corporation Logo Green Dot Corporation