Great Clips / employment
This is a employment complaint and a heads up for new and old stylist and barbers what to expect because when you walk away you personally do not feel good about youself...I am going to start with the good. The health benefits are the regular 20/80 not a supplement and they offer other benefits life insurance, different disability insurance and students just out of school Great Clips will pay 50% of your tuition. You have to work full-time to get these benefits anywhere from 34-32 hours and it does depend on the franchise owners, they keep two people on duty at all times but it is sosososo much better to have two stylist not a stylist and receptionist. Now I am going to start with the bad, brace yourself this is ugly, when it starts happening to you it is a living nightmare.
1. When you walk in there are eight stations or more for the stylist. what upper Management wants is for each stylist to move as close to the front as possable. That means you never have your own station. You have to pack up each shift. I have seen stylist and barbers leave their license but that is not a good idea. It would be too easy if a stylist forgets their license to use the license that is not theirs instead. If State Board came in and found something the other stylist was doing wrong it would be against you not them. That would be fine mess to fix.
2. Your schedule chages each week and I have had work six days straight just to get 36 hours.
3. If it is slow and there is more than three people some one gets sent home, less hours and if you have clients or starting to get request this what makes regulars, illregular.
4.The franchise owners and the human relations department do not have enough control over each employees working hours and that includes the managers. There is no structure, no- when you are hired you are to work a set such and such hours. If the Managers need more hours, the employees get less hours. when you are hired and not working enough hours the Managers can hire more people and that gives you even less hours.
5. When you start you are sent to hair cutting classes and this is the basic hair cutting class that you are taught in the freshman class in beautician school. If you stop working for Great Clips before three months you will be charged a 100.00 fee and it will be taken out of your next check. You are not taught how your average at the end of the day is 17 min. or less. and this is something that is enforced by Great Clips. If you don't meet it your working hours become less, or get written up and you have to sighn a contract saying by such and such date you will meet the 17 min or less for the end of the shift. Longer hair take longer 20 min or more but you make it up with the short cuts taking less time. When I got written up and sighned a contract, I felt total frustration, I am going to be doing crappy cuts. Then I started listening to the radio it really relaxed me and by the fourth song I would start wrapping things up and it would keep each cut under 17 mins.
6.When you are hired at 9.00 an hour and you get 80 hours after taxes your check will be about 580.00 . 70 hour is about 460.00 anything less how in all that is human does Grat Clips expect you pay your bills, get a loan, make a deceint living.
7. If the average turn over for employees at Great Clips is high each day, week, month and year and then what I have stated is the heart of the reason.
More Great Clips Complaints & Reviews
- Great Clips - awful company 
- Great Clips Hair Salon - price 
- Great Clips - hairstylist done wrong 
- Great Clips - worst job I ever have 
- Great Clips - former employee 
- Great Clips - haircut
- Great Clips - hair straightening / rude salon workers
- Great Clips - haircut 
- Great Clips - about the haircut I got from employee names jennie
- Great Clips - haircut