Google Treasure Chest

Posted:

scam, fraud

Google Treasure Chest
Oklahoma
I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.
Complaint comments Comments (691) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  14th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Read here!
If any of you have EVER signed up for Google Money Profit this is where all of your unexpected charges are coming from! I called Network Agenda, BSM/Grant Search and found out that all this stemmed from me getting involved with Google!! make sure you cancel Google and cancel EVERYTHING that goes with it! Network Agenda's number is 1-800-418-9320. Don't assume that if you cancel Google that everything else is automatically cancelled along with it. Do the cancellations yourself and get a confirmationnumber!!!
N  17th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Google Treasure Chest - Unauthorized charges
google
7628 Velvet Canyon
Las Vegas

I was charged the amount of 72. 21 to my debit card by this company. I called them back and ask reason for this charges and requested a refund. Their representative was not very cooperative, he said that this was a charge for a program, that was on trial for 7 days. I told the rep, that i never received anything from them and he said that he would remailed to me, which they didn't of course. I was told by this person, that the amount of the charge was not refundable. When i asked them, if they were representing google, he said that he could ot provide me that information, or the name of the company that was charging me. He was not cooperative and insisted that this money was not refundable. Do anybody has any idea how we can get to this people that mislead and steal money from us. This is plain white collar robbery. If anybody has dealt with this company before, i would appreciate the information. You can email me at donjosem@yahoo.com thanks
A  20th of Jan, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I too was charged $72.21 for something from google treasure chest. I did not authorize these charges. I want this charges to be removed from my bank account. I expect this charge to be put back into my account!
A  21st of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I got the same thing! I am going to the state attorney's office about this and see if I can get my card cancelled!

You can try to contract these people at support@googlemoneytree.com

there web address is www.googlemoneytree.com
N  23rd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Call the telephone number listed on your credit card statement, which is the number for "google treasure chest" and they will take it off your account. Chances are, there are lots more charges on your statement which are unauthorized. I just got off the phone with the credit card company!
N  26th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same thing happend to me. they charged it many times!!
email me at partyus@hotmail.com
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was charge for this and i did not authorize it so put the money back in my account now!!!
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
you have to understand that this site is a place to complain about these things not the companies themselves. Its for us to connect, share and help one another.
Jalie
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too was charge 72.21 by this bogus company, we don't want this to happen to other people, so please spread this to other people.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also was deceived by Google money tree. Was lured it through Vindale marketing research. I do not think this is refundable because I waited too long to cancel. It was 7 day trial, and rather large charge after that. I think this is a real shame.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
We too were charged with this $72.21 by Google Money Tree. There phone # is 888-705-1275 and they stated that this charge is due to a free 7 day trial membership for a website and that after the 7 days you will be charged a non-refundable fee of $72.21. We have to dispute the transaction with our local bank.

Hope this helps,

BT
A  7th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
the people at the company are very rude when you call them
nothng on teh site is worth anything
the government should shut them down.
C
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
This is nothing but a scam. I'm going to disput the charge to my credit card and I'm going to the Ut. State Attorney and my own State of Ca. It seems like we all have been decived with in the last 20 days . So this should mean something to your bank Eleonor.Does anyone have a physical address for these people? If we all watch this site and band together we should be able to get our money's returned
D  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too was robbed! I was trapped because I thought it was only a $3.88 charge for a CD, and further thought that I was actually dealing with Google. Never expected charges of $72.21 Also, never expected that

Treasure Chest is not in any way associated with Google. They are only using their name. That is FRAUD! Today I canceled the so call "Terms and Agreement", but my bank, will not accept my claim of fraud by Google Treasure Chest. Any suggestion of how to proceed from here? I don, t want pay the last $ 72.21
Salvador Garcia
g.s.22@sbcglobal.net
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I went to my credit card company and disputed the claim. I believe we have 30 days to get our money back. I am not sure though. I will see what happens.
A  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
This is a rip off. Will be contacting UT. AG office.
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Me too they took $71.21 from my account. I got some info from there website:

Shipping & Other Fees
Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googlemoneytree.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, includes the Internet Money Tree Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googlemoneytree.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction.

If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googlemoneytree.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. You may stop payment on any pre-authorized charge by notifying googlemoneytree.com at least three business days prior to the scheduled charge date. You agree your pre-authorization and written consent to charge your debit card is given in electronic form by submitting the request for the membership, and that an electronic signature is sufficient to authenticate your authorization to charge the debit card. You further agree that these terms and conditions shall be your copy of your pre-authorization for the debit card.

Upon completion of the order form, should your credit card be declined, we may, at our option continue to try to authorize your purchase on future dates. Your acceptance of these terms indicates your additional acceptance that should your purchase of either the shipping for your free kit, or your monthly membership fee eventually approve, you will accept and approve those charges to your method of payment.

30 Day Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee and Cancellation Requirements
At any time during the first thirty days, if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may call customer service at 1-866-870-4257 for a refund of your monthly subscription and the shipping fee. When you call, a customer representative will give you an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number. The kit must then be returned with the RGA number. You must be able to confirm delivery to receive your refund. Please ship your kit with a delivery confirmation to our fulfillment center: 405 East 12450 South, Suite G, Draper, Utah 84020. Note: This address is for returns only. All other correspondence must be sent to the address on the website.
A  15th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was told [by someone who is a lawyer] to call the company say that "I wasn't aware of the charges and if you don't remove the charges I'll get a lawyer & my bank involved..." And if they still won't do it, actually go thro with the lawyer and have your bank either cancel the charge and open a new account.
*shrugs* I guess I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes.
N  16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Google Treasure Chest - unauthorized charge of 72.21
California

899000001333838 GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST 4888-7051275 UTUS -72.21 was withdrawn from my account and have no idea what this is for. it is an unauthorized charge and want the money put back immediately.
Barbara Barnaba, , , , , , , , , , , ,
N  16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just looked at my credit card statement and noticed two charges from Google Treasure Chest ($3.88 & $72.21) - charges that I did not incur. When I called the 800 number requesting a refund, I was told that was not possible. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told that was not possible either, that a supervisor would say the same thing. I explained that I was retired and not looking to start a business, that I never signed up for the service, and that I never received a CD ... nothing made a difference to the Customer Service Representative. Not suspecting fraud, I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. What I should have done first was check out the company on the internet and when I did, I was shocked by all the complaints. I called my credit card company back and told the CSR what I had learned. My "dispute" charge was changed to a "fraud" charge, my credit card was cancelled and a new one will be issued.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree