Google Success Kit / unauthorised credit card charges

1 Glendenning, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Ive just received my credit card statement and have noticed 4 unauthorised credit card charges from google success. First being on the 27/1/09 google success kit # [protected] for $46.55 AUS. 2nd on the 10/2/09 Fraud protection # [protected] for $7.45 AUS. 3rd on the 10/2/09 Identity Security #[protected]2 for $14.98AUS and lastly on 26/2/09 Google success kit #[protected] for $46.29.
The only authorisation Ive EVER given this company is $1 US for the free trial of google success kit which I have NEVER recieved!!!
So I wont my money back for the unauthorised credit card charges!!!

Be

Comments

• Rk
      16th of Apr, 2009

I live in Canada, Mississauga. You are right, they have done exactly the same thing with me...I authorized them only for $1, for one time...and they are keep charging me and the total comes around CAD $ 50, every month...If you have any idea how to stop it plz let me know...rayhaankhan@hotmail.com

• Cl
      13th of Jul, 2009

there is a similar issue with other products available on the internet. the same happened to a friend of mine for an e-bay sellers kit.. dont' know who's the vendor for this one. The way they justify it in the end is that $1 or whatever the initial charge was, is the price and the monthly recurring is their subscription.

in short, the only way to protect yourself is to read the details/fine print on the agreement, for all such software or services, before you buy from petty vendors, and try NOT to use your CC info with them..