Google Success Kit / unauthorized $11.95 charge

1 Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

I authorized the Google Success Kit for $1.00 . Since I hadnt had time to even check out the system during the trial . Not to mention never got the kit. Seems like they purposely mail anything way after the trial period and you get conned into paying out more money . Anyway I cancelled 2 days before the trial period ended and I still got charged. Gotta be so careful with what you agree to on the internet I have learn to take the time and read ALL the fine print!!!. Now i gotta call and get them to take this charge I did not agree to :(

Comments

• Fe
      6th of Dec, 2008

The thing I'm responding to also debited $1.00 for Google Cash & $1.00 for Government Funded Grants. Then came an unauthorized - or so I rthought - debit
    for $11.95. If you scroll down on their original promotional email, at the very bottom you'll see a bunch of active links, which includes 'Terms and Conditions'. Once you go there, you'll see a bunch of explanations listing when and for what they'll be debiting your credit card! If the '866' phone numbers there don't work, you've got to get your credit card blocked. The bank won't refund your money for these debits, but since you can direct them to this site & show them that others have been scammed, they should issue you a new card. What more can I say - I too am getting desperate to make more $ now. By the way, these sob's even put
    in a disclaimer - right near the links at the bottom of the prospectus, near the terms and conditions - saying that they are not associated with GOOGLE ! What they did do is to conceal what you'd wind up being charged for, and are charged for quite some time unless you cancel their so-called services.7e8

• Fe
      8th of Dec, 2008

I was able to reach one of their toll free numbers from Europe -google success kit was 866 341 7163 ( so I had to pay for this call) and had them cancel my credit card. Then I called a person I know at my bank and gave her a detailed history of the transactions. She asked me to forward her the original prospecting emils sent to me by google cash & the other one, government funds, etc. She asked me if I had in fact ask them to stop all further debits...I said I had & I warned her about the possibility of future attempts at debiting my account. So your bank respects your efforts to put a stop to scams. If you have no luck getting through to their operators, I do believe it 'saves time and trouble' to block your credit card & get the bank to issue a new one. Anyhow, my bank did that for me last summer when I was the victim of another internet rip-off.

• Je
      22nd of Dec, 2008

I also called that number and spoke to someone from Google. They will be refunding me the $11.95 within 5-10 business days. Jeff L. Florida

• Pc
      6th of Jan, 2009

I, too, fell for the scam. Thinking the name Google meant reputable, I figured I couldn't scammed. Not only did I NOT receive the kit and also get the $11.95 charge for the last 2 months but I get charged an additional $4.95/month for Fraud Protection! Now isn't that a Joke. I've tried the toll free # but get all operators are busy. I appreciate the suggestion of blocking my bank/visa card and having my bank issue a new one. I definitely will not be for any more of these gimmicks.

• Mt
      9th of Jan, 2009

a too feel for this BS but some one here posted a phone number. I called it and had the charges removed from my card imediatly, with no hassle or argument they were very curtious. heres the number:
    866 341 1767

13th of Feb, 2009

I am going to not only cancel my credit card but I am also getting the authorities involved immediately.

20th of Feb, 2009

I thought that i was being charged only a $1.00 for the googlesucesskit and was charged $29.95 and never received the cd so im writing because i want my money back so who can i contact to have the money returned to my bank the same way it was taken out they also said to look in your junk mail for your receipt and i never received that either its a shame for people to scam people like this were are trying to survive also and someone wants to do something like that you beleive your e-mails and then they keep sending information about working for google i would like to stop getting e-mails from google and have my money refunded and cancel this membership would like to know what i need to do to cancel this and get my refund back

20th of Feb, 2009

I have written already now want to post my comment

• Tr
      4th of Mar, 2009

If this ripoff company is not associated with google, I have to wonder why google lets it continue. It sure opened my eyes. I'll be going with Yahoo from now on. Not that that helps any of you: I hope you all manage to get your money back.

• Ni
      21st of May, 2009

i have had much the same kind of experiences with the so called "Googlesucesskit" I registered once for a pound and since then have had my bank account debited for numerous unautherised transactions. Please help as to how to get my money back. I have contacted my banks fraud department and am awaiting the outcome. I too feel that the website should be removed as it is very misleading and the debits to peoples accounts are fraudulant. Can anyone at google possibly do anything to help??

Nicola england