GoodLife Fitness / dirty clubs and poor management

1 Roydon Place, Opposite Cosco MerivaleOttawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have never been to a club so poorly managed. The manager, some BeeJay Duff, quite the unsual name, maybe it's for her reputation! Very unhelpful... The mens changing rooms are filthy, the floor is constantly dirty and the washroom area has a yellow floor from leaking urinals. They never seemed to be cleaned and are a getting worse by the day, it's a health hazard.. The sauna is constantly broken and has a pool of sweat sitting in the middle of the floor.
I've mentioned my complaints to the management and they don't seem to care, too busy flirting with other staff members.
Goodlife Fitness is a club that is only interested in taking your money and giving you nothing in return!! Stay clear and join another club!

Da

Comments

• Al
      27th of May, 2010

I am distressed to read some of the complaints on the board. I know when I was there and someone was being creepy it was dealt with immediately and the person was banned from the club. I find all the staff at Nature Parkway to be friendly and helpful and all the machines and the bathrooms (men's room i can speak to) are clean and well maintained. I would have no issue recommending the gym to anyone. The prices are clearly laid out the trainers are flexible. As a matter of fact although we have been personally happy with all our three trainers two of them were dismissed by GL for various quality issues and we found the subsequent trainers to be always better than the last. Amanda is excellent and we will continue to be satisfied with the facilities until experience proves otherwise. So balance our experience with those of others before deciding to join up.

Al Rae
    Goodlife Member
    Nature Parkway
    Winnipeg

• Sh
      29th of Oct, 2011

I go to Bowmanville Goodlife gym. I do enjoy the gym but I am baffled to see cleaners cleaning during members' hours. It is very disturbing to hear the vacuum cleaners going while you are working out, and breathing the cleaning/chemicals vapours as they clean around you. I hate it. How are they allowing this? I've never seen this in any other goodlife gyms. I wrote to the manager of that gym about this and she just brushed me off.

• Fi
      13th of Jan, 2012

I've had a great experience at Goodlife fitness and I believe it's Patch Evans not Patch adams. I asked the right questions and clearly knew what i was signing for.