[Resolved] Goldcar Rentals / car damage

1 San JuanAlicante, Spain Review updated:

I rented a car from Goldcar Alicante on 01/01/16 through Ryanair at the last minute as the trip was an emergency Hospital visit to my mother that had been rushed in after a nasty fall. I had to sign the car condition form at the desk before I even saw the car. On reaching the car and a quick look around it I noticed a small scrape on the rear bumper but as I had not even touch the car I assumed that the company would have paper work showing the damage from the previous customer . On returning the car I was asked about the damage and how it had happened. I told them that it was there on pick up but was told I should have reported it at that time. So don't make the same mistake check the car and report any damage before you leave. They charged me 200 euros for a small scratch . Thankfully I had taken out excess insurance in the uk. I will not be using them again. Contract Number 9137712

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 27, 2016

Dear Tickner,

Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess. If customers have third party coverage, such as yourself, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. You are indeed correct that it is highly recommended to check the car for any possible scratches before signing off and taking it. We appreciate that you have shared this information and hope you reconsider booking with us again.

Kind regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar representative

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2016

Dear Gerdy B,

Please see my comment in reply to your comment in the other thread. You are more than welcome to contact me via goldcarweb@goldcar.com if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative

Ti
Jan 9, 2016

Comments

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2016

This company is just a scam ! If you are not taking their extra insurance, they always try to blame you for some damage that you did not cause. Similar thing happened to me. On return they just refused to check the car but later they charge me 250 euro for a scratch that was definately not there when I returned the car.
    Stay away from this company even if you have extra insurance.