GoldCar Rental

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 by

car rental alicante - fraudulent activity

Alicante, Spain
goldcare.es
I've used GoldCar extensively over the years and they seem to have gotten their act together with good quality cars at reasonable prices. True they are extortionate with additional costs but you can minimise these if you go into your car hire prepared. I thought I had but however, after returning my car in late November I still have not received my deposit back into my Credit Card account, and am now incurring unnecessary fees because of it, over 20 days ago! Disgraceful. What makes it worse is apart from the telephone, their is no email complaint or query service. I'm no longer impressed with GoldCar.

GoldCar have responded today 21/12/2017 with the following:-

Dear Peter,

We have double check your contract and we have seen that the fuel deposit amount and caution, 1483€, was unblocked under operation code A07153. Note that we have charged 900€ for damages occurred during your rental period.
Take into account that this amount was not charged/refunded, so you will not be able to see any movement on your bank statement. This amount was a pre-authorisation. Please check this matter with your Bank.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further information.

Kind regards,

Victoria R,

Goldcar Representative.

My complaint is that I've returned the car fully fuelled and undamaged, and at the carpark had the car checked by a GoldCar representative in Alicante. They stated everything was normal and thanked me.

Now, without any communication, any proof, and justification they have held 1400+ Euros, pre-charged onto my account!

I've been using GoldCar.es for many years, and other return companies around the world, but I've never before have I been subject to such erroneous business malpractice. They have all my details, my telephone, home address, email, yet no contact whatsoever. Something is seriously wrong with this company.

My booking was through DoYouSpain Reference DYS 23441418, customer complain CS-697384

My contract with GoldCar is 12822451

The car hire was for a Ford Focus Reg 3141JZZ

Other than phoning, I have no method of contacting GoldCar at Alicante.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Jan 19, 2018
Dear Peter,

I have talked with our agents from the Social Media department, who attended you during a second assessment of this matter. They ran a deep investigation with our offices and also escalated it to our central department. Thanks to that they considered a refund due to several things during the process that left the statements without a solid justification.

We are glad to have been able to resolve this matter positively for you and we apologise for all the inconveniences.

Hope to se you again,
Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree