[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / being charged an extra £71 a day after returning the car with no explanation

Verona, United Kingdom

On Sunday the 10th September 2017 in Verona airport Italy I waited over an hour to collect my car & then I was informed of extra insurance that I needed to take out otherwise I would be liable for pretty much any problem that occurred with the car regardless if it was my fault or not, I was told it would cost me €117 but for an extra €20 I could use the fuel in the car & did not need to worry about returning the car with a full tank.
I agreed to go ahead with the insurance & so called special offer on the fuel, I kept asking about the fuel situation & your member of staff Eleonora repeated to me that I could use all the fuel & did not need to fill it up.
I returned the car on Thursday the 14th before the desk opened as I had an early flight which also I was told was ok to do.
After returning home I checked my credit card only to discover that my account had a pending transaction of £71 from goldcar, I have no idea why your company is taking extra money off of me, I would like a refund or a valid explanation to why money is being taken from my account without my consent as this is fraud & a receipt explaining clearly what the money is being taken for. The above conversation was witnessed by a police officer & a witness statement can be provided.
My contract number is [protected], client code [protected], mr David sims.

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Sep 21, 2017

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting us.

We want to inform you that the amount of £71 has been refunded to your account. This amount was the deposit for the fuel.

Kind regards,