[Resolved] Goldcar Palma De Mallorca

Posted: May 8, 2015 by

additional charges on credit card!!

GOLDCAR PALMA DE MALLORCA
Spain
I booked a car via rentalcars.com on Palma de Mallorca on 9th April -16th April 2015. At our arrival at the car hire in Palma, the vehicle was already damaged which I informed the clerk at the car rental, before renting it.We documented the damages thru photos and a damage report. I have 7 witnesses to what was the status of the car both before and after renting the car. To my surprise I discovered that Goldcar has charged me with additional 843, 00 EUR on May 4:th. Have not yet received any explanation for the charges, have not receved any answer to my mail from Goldcar.

Resolution statement

GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Mar 11, 2016
Dear Maarit,

In Goldcar, no charges are made if there isn’t a reason for it.

We are surprised to hear that the vehicle you were given was not in optimal condition. Offering top rate vehicles is our number one priority, which is why 70% of our +37, 000 car fleet is renewed annually. We are an international company with offices in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Andorra, Malta and Morocco, serving more than 1 million customers a year (1% of which complain online).

Kind regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar representative
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

N  25th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Me too! They took 950 euros. Will not reply to emails. The Goldcar agent said the car was ok.4 weeks later my credit card statement showed they had taken 950 euros (650 english pounds) they say it's for damage to the vehicle, but there was none. They will not respond to my emails. Does anybody know their Head Office address, it's in Alicante, but can't find it on a Google search (why am I surprised). Also llokinf email address of any senior manager. How can they get away with this when we are all in European Union?
Any adcice gladly received. I cannot let this go, £650 is a lot of money and the agent said the car was Ok, which I know it was.
This is just plain theft.
D  8th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
You are a bunch of crooks. I take great delight discussing your behaviour at every available opportunity. Always advising people never to deal with you.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree