Gold Gym / contract fraud
I sign up with them 8/11/2008.
The guy who explained the deal told me that this contract is month to month and I can quit any time.
One day, I asked how I can quit the gym to the manager at the gym, they said I need to talk to the corporate office. It was as if they have a script.
I called the corporate office and found out that I was locked into Two year contract and need to pay $100 to cancel my contract.
The attitude of the customer rep. was horrible. Basically they told me "Well, whatever he said, you don't have any proof of that and you signed the contract."
I wonder this bad business conduct is done systematically.
Because it seems like there is a system there.
The field office needs to sell, it doesn't matter if they tell a lie.
If the problem happens, the field office refer the customers to the corporate office.
The customer rep at the corporate office basically ignore all the complints...
I checked the Better Business Bereau and found tons of conplaints like mine.
The biggest mistake I made was not to read the contract when I signed. I was naive enough to believe what he told me.
I won't make that mistake again.
More Gold Gym Complaints & Reviews
- Gold's Gym - $10 month to month scam 
- Gold's Gym - membership woes 
- Gold's Gym - how to quit golds gym 
- Gold's Gym - trainer, trains client to cheat on husband 
- Gold's Gym - dangerous daycare 
- Gold's Gym - billing / westlake tx manager / customer support
- Gold's Gym - amman branch
- Gold's Gym - van ness dc gym health issue
- Gold's Gym - personal training
- Gold's Gym - too crowded