Gold Gym / contract fraud

44 E 800 N Orem, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (801) 765-4653

I sign up with them 8/11/2008.

The guy who explained the deal told me that this contract is month to month and I can quit any time.

One day, I asked how I can quit the gym to the manager at the gym, they said I need to talk to the corporate office. It was as if they have a script.

I called the corporate office and found out that I was locked into Two year contract and need to pay $100 to cancel my contract.

The attitude of the customer rep. was horrible. Basically they told me "Well, whatever he said, you don't have any proof of that and you signed the contract."

I wonder this bad business conduct is done systematically.
Because it seems like there is a system there.
The field office needs to sell, it doesn't matter if they tell a lie.
If the problem happens, the field office refer the customers to the corporate office.
The customer rep at the corporate office basically ignore all the complints...

I checked the Better Business Bereau and found tons of conplaints like mine.

The biggest mistake I made was not to read the contract when I signed. I was naive enough to believe what he told me.

I won't make that mistake again.
Sa

Comments

Na
  16th of Sep, 2010

Gold Gym - Billing me for someone else's account
Golds Gym
Tampa
Florida

My roommate and I went to sign up for a gym members. I was the only one that went to take my voided check so they can take out my payments. For some odd reason, they decided to take out my roommates payment out of my account as well. I called and addressed this situation with them, but they said they couldn't do anything about it at the moment. Now they continue to charge my account, and are telling me that I authorized to pay for his gym membership as well, at no point in time did either of us agree to this. My roommate agrees to this as well, but to their convince they say I authorized payments for his account. I have a copy of the contract and no where on their did I agree to this. The sales rep tells me that when I went in to take my check I filled out another form, which I didn't. All I did was hand the girl my check, she added it to my account and that was the end of that. So not only do I have this on going battle with them, but they still continue to charge my account for both accounts.

Gold's Gym Logo Gold's Gym