Gmac / fraud and scam

Our gmac lease was on automatic withdrawal. Payment was missed/late and the car was reposed. They didn't even want to discuss anything but total buyout on contract. Who can afford that. What now. Now we are being threatened with wage garnishment. I am hearing more and more stories like this all the time. We paid about fifteen grand on the lease and it sold at auction for fourteen grand. The car only sold for twenty three grand brand new. They still want another eleven grand to clear the lease. I will never buy or lease another thing from gm ever again. I apologize for my poor typing.

Va

Comments

Hu
  10th of Mar, 2009

I'm in Canada..Have a 2006 Saturn VUE on a GMAC Lease.. Fell onto some hard times and miss 2 payments. I offer to return the vehicle and put the remianing payments into my restruction program. Gmac informed me that the vehicle would be sold at auction and what ever they get for it I be responsible for the remaining cost of the actual buy out not what is left holding on my lease. I offer to sell the vehicle myself and found a buyer. But the buyer only want to pay $16, 000 and the buy out is $18, 659. Gmac refused to release the vehicle on less all the buy out is paid. So here I can have a $2000 shortfall which I would put into my restructing or let them sell it at auction at end up paying $8000 on a short fall..Girl name Kim in collections was very rude and even hung up on me...Consumers must be warn about this company..

Ar
  22nd of Dec, 2009

Pay your bills and you won't have problems. Don't blame GMAC for this.

Na
  15th of May, 2010

my name faliesha me and my mother has a 2007 colbelt LS 2door in the year of 2008 june i sent in the payments of three hundred six dollars and seventy one cents they called my home told me they never got the check now they have to charge me late fee I was puzzled y they dident get the check so gmac wanted five hundred and something how was I going to pay gmac I was in tears they going to take my car repo it like they told me I only get paid once a month of ssi so I cut half my bills in came up with four hunderd I sent in the check after so I CALLED TCF and they told me gmac cash the check for three hundred seventy one dollars seventyone cents and also a check of four hundred even in the same month of june I reported to an attorny and I sent in copys of the checks they cashied to gmac and they called me an liar I made up the check so what they did was pushed back my payments so I would pay more they are rude they hang up in my face its time to fight back!!!

Gj
  7th of Mar, 2012

I purchased a used Acadia 2008, thought is was a good truck, optimum 150 point inspection, bull ###, test drove truck before purchase and had noticed vibration in front end, salesmen said it will be looked at and we will be notified when truck will be ready for
us, picked up truck 4 days later, salesmen goes to put $25.00 gas, ###, back before I could finish a smoke, next morning, fill truck because we don't have enough gas, truck shaking hard at 100km, take it to my local garage, CAA approved. all 4 tires not balanced, 10 days later return to GMC dealer, request to return truck inside the 1500km guarantee, dealers says don't return truck for small problem we fix, ###, with front end noise, rear speakers not working properly, no problems found, return again, front end noise, mechanic says, stabilizer bar should be changed, solution on bill, removed bushing, clean and grease, now 3 months has passed, found bills from previous owner in truck with recorded mileage, oil change Walmart Florida 12900km, 6 months later, trans mission garage 12035km, now really pissed, return to dealer and try to resolve the problem like a human beings, he see nothing he did wrong, says the millage was not properly registered, ask for trade in he says my truck is worth $16000, now he wants to change front end suspension on my extended warranty that I had purchased for the truck, ###, truck has just hit 60000km, now I'm pissed, dealer doesn't want to resolve this, threaten lawsuit, did a car fax report, car accident ed a few months before trade in, $9000.00 damage, call dealer, we don't use car fax we use car proof, spend $50.00, car accident ed, hit guard rail and jackknifed with trailer, dealers response, the previous owner signed off on millage and no accidents, dealer said he was taken, ###, we caught you, now he is taking the truck back, next week, I will be out a few thousand $, and still not happy, why do people, do their best to screw people for their personal gains, it's not right. not sure what to do but I'm pissed, bad people should be punished and not forgotten.