Gmac — repossession!
As another person stated in this blog-gmac does not communicate with other depts. I was late 45 days on one of my lease account (I have 2 with gmac) and called customer service to get information regarding the account (status of payment sent) they told me that the accounts were up to date after I explained collections called me and that I had 2 accounts-gave the my ssn to look this up... They said accounts were fine, mentioned to them I sent a $900 check-payment. They repo'd my car!!! What a nightmare, rental charges, no car the day it was taken, missed work to get to the recovery shop because my pursue was in the car when it was towed-the rental-pick up the car from recovery (before 4pm)-drop off the rental, 60 days late on credit for repo, dealing with the idiots at 2 collection agencies (detroit and tx) waiting 2 weeks to get my car back, explaining this to my family and friends, stress (I have high-blood pressure), treated like a common criminal by the recovery company and collection agencies. Wrote a letter to gmac an exec customer person called me the 1st time, couldn't find the call to the customer service person that I made. I told her i'd send the stop payment check I mailed to them with date stamp... Argued to high heaven... Then 1 week later she called back. Gmac is in the wrong they found the phone conversation with the customer service person that wasn't documented. They said I tried everything to make my accounts up to date. The exec customer rep person was really nice, but I am really mad. I am thinking about suing them. I've never sued a business before, do I have a case? I was in default and they send us warning letters, but when I called to potentially (would of made the payment over the phone instead of mailing it) make a payment they said the accounts were up to date. Can anyone answer this one or provide advice? Thanks!
More Gmac Complaints & Reviews
- Gmac - lien release
- Defrauded By Gmac Loss Mitigation Department, Gmac Mortgage, 800 - 850 - 4622, 800 - 766 - 4622 - federal fraud
- Gmac Now Ally Finance - repo'd truck
- Gmac Mortgage - no customer service!
- Gmac - release of lien - original title
- Gmac Mortgage - phone payment debited twice, run-arround about refund
- Gmac Smartlease - gmac smartlease is taking advantage of innocent people
- Gmac Real Estate Timeshare Division - false advertisements
- Gmac Smartlease - overcharged
- Gmac Td - fraud - misrepresentation