Global Nutrition Sciences Acai Berry Edge / Charges to my bank account

The fact that this company continues to exist bothers me to no end. I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered a free trial and they sent me two bottles. Apparently, somewhere in the literature they sent me it informed me that if I didn't want to be charged, I needed to send the second bottle back. They've charged me for it now and said if I can get BOTH bottles back to them by the first week of April (next week), I can get my money back. My bank is going after them, thank God, but I'm still angry.

I want to know how we can have a bigger and louder voice to shut these idiots down.

Mj

Comments

• Gn
      24th of May, 2009

We're sorry for the inconvenience and confusion you experienced with us. The offer that you signed up for sounds like our buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the 21 day free trial:

Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.

When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).

Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

So it seems like the $79.90 billing was not for additional product but for the product you had already received. Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 so that we can assist you and possibly offer a monetary refund.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor at GNS