GlassesUSA.com / Overcharge/Won't refund

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Ordered pair of glasses supposed to cost $134.00. They responded that they would have to use different lenses - if I agreed - and would make $8.00 refund. In actuality they charged my cc twice - Once for $134.00 and once for $127.95 When I complained, they initially referred to $8.00 refund and that it was approved. When I questioned further - about a charge of $261.95 for glasses that were supposed to only cost $134.00 they obfuscated. I sent copies of cc bills showing full charges. They responded showing that only $67.00 was refunded and as far as they are concerned, they won't do anything else!! Pure, outright thievery!!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

5th of Jan, 2017

Not surprising. They provide horrible service. My recommendation is never buy progressive lens from GlassesUSA. Also, despite the 100% Guarantee, etc. promos on homepage, I think very misleading. Check out their profile on BBB and other review websites.

• Gl
      19th of Jan, 2012

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that the billing problem was not fixed to your satisfaction. I can assure you that we would never overcharge someone and keep the money. I believe there was simply a misunderstanding between you and our customer service team. If you could please call us at 1-800-917-7083 between 9am and 5pm EST, I assure you that we can fix the problem.
    I am sorry for any confusion.
    Sincerely,