Menu
Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center
reviews & complaints

Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 complaints
3 resolved 2 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
7:06 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center has left an official reply on this complaint.

Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center - Tylock-George Eye Care

My PCP's office referred me to Tylock-George Eye Care. When I talked to them to book an appointment, I asked what policies do they have in place for COVID. It's now August 2021 & we're in a spike with the Delta variant. When the reply was no masks were required, I asked to and spoke with the office administrator. He seemed quite proud that the staff had the "freedom" to not wear masks. So I asked if he would check with Dr. George, who had the authority to set and enforce a masking policy. (Dr. Tylock is retired and Dr. George is now the principal.) When the answer came back a few days later, Dr. George specified there was no policy change. I promptly canceled my appointment and booked with a different ophthalmologist who requires masks at his practice. I refuse to go to a doctor who doesn't care about his patients' health and safety!

Hide full review
H
10:37 am EDT
Replied
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I went to this business per request of my doctor, information that was omitted was the upfront cost at check out over the $40 refraction fee! Which cost me $126, $86 dollars more and that was in my opinion false advertising; due to the fact that the original cost was just the start of fees collected at the time of check-out! Then on top of that, they...

D
12:26 pm EDT

Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center - Literally the worst doctor I have ever seen

Dr. Gary Tylock is literally the worst doctor I have ever seen. He didn't take my concerns or questions seriously. He seemed unfriendly and distracted. The eye exam he gave me at Gary Tylock Laser Center was not thorough. He answered a personal cell phone call during my exam! He did nothing to inspire my confidence. There are much better eye doctors out there... don't visit this one.

1 comment
T
Feb 07, 2013 12:32 am EST

That's very surprising, since when I got mine done, Dr Tylock didn't do eye exams, only surgeries. They have a full staff of technicians and eye doctors who do the exams and testing. When I got my exam before the procedure, the doctor who was doing mine was concerned with an anomaly with my pupils, so he got dr Tylock to come check it out. He was very thorough in explaining what he saw (which my long-time personal eye Dr. Had never been able to do) and was very nice and reassuring. On the day of my surgery I was fighting a severe sinus infection, and not only did he recognize me from a week before when he came in to consult on my exam, he and his staff were very patient and accommodating, with my being stuffy and coughing.

Hide full review
A
5:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In my opinion Dr Gary Tylock should not be called a doctor of medicine! What he did to me I consider to be criminal! I trusted him to do a very simple procedure, and I've suffered every since! I've been to many other doctors since and they have all told me that what this man did to me cannot be reversed! Too much tissue and nerve damage! He told me he wa...

M
12:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2006 I had Lasik eye surgery to correct my vision. At the time of the surgery, which was done by Dr.Gary R. Tylock, MD at the Tylock Eye Care & Laser Center, I was told that I could receive an "enhancement" at anytime to sharpen up my vision if necessary. I continued to keep my follow up appointments with my local optometrist for 4 years. My vision wa...

Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser Center contacts