Giant Eagle / prepared foods dept product - nashville style boneless wings - 1lb

1 8400 Broaview Road, Parma, OH, United States

I stopped at Giant Eagle store at 8400 Broadview Road, Parma, OH today and figured I would try something for lunch from the Hot Foods area of the store, the store had an excellent presentation, many options, fresh food by appearance, the Nashville Style Boneless Wings 1lb heat and serve container caught my attention $5.99, it shows as packed on Feb 03, 19, I purchased on Feb 6, 19 and states to sell by Feb 08.19. I brought the chicken immediately to work, heated for a couple minutes in microwave and proceeded to eat. I typically don't bother to take time to review or complain about food, usually if I don't like something, I just don't buy it again, I felt something needed said, the breading had absorbed so much oil I felt like I was knowing on a sponge, the product had heat but no flavor due to the excess oil. I ate about 1/2 of the meal before I threw the remainder in the trash, I don't care for a refund, I don't take up your time because I'm a complainer, hoping an honest review of my experience may bring attention to improved product, I challenge someone from corporate to stop in unannounced, try one of these for lunch yourself and walk away thinking that you at least had a lunch worth reordering again. I like chicken and am aware oil/grease is expected but not to this degree, ive gone to Nashville and had the real Nashville chicken before so I'm aware of the differences. An experience like this makes me question whether I want to try different available selections in the future.

Ji