[Resolved] Getaroomcancellation policy

I called the Super 8 Hotel in Canonsburg PA 1- 800 number listed on the web page on 10/30/2018 thinking I was speaking to the front desk. I booked 3 rooms for workers we had coming into town to work a job site for us. I was never informed of the cancellation policy on the phone at any time. I did receive a conformation email that I never opened until the next morning to cancel it on 10/31/2018 Due to weather change the guys would not be able to get the work done in the rain. When I cancelled the reservation that's when I was notified of the cancellation policy. I called the 1-800 immediately they said they would send the paper work to the hotel to get an ok for the refund. I call the hotel directly 3 or 4 times the manager was not in. I was then told he would be in on Monday after 8 am so I called the Manager was very nice he said he would find the paper work and return it to Getaroom. I was very happy at that point, then I received my bank statement and the charge was on it. I googled Getaroom to see what kind of reviews they have and all are bad!!! I am not sure how these company's get to fraud people for years.

• Resolution statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Nov 29, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    Our records indicate that on 10/31/2018, 9:20 AM (America/New York) you purchased a hotel reservation for Super 8 by Wyndham Canonsburg/Pittsburgh Area located at 8 Curry Avenue Canonsburg, PA 15317. By securing this reservation online, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. In addition, upon completion of your booking, an electronic copy of your itinerary was sent via email to the following address that you provided.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website fully disclose the cancellation policy, terms and conditions of booking, along with all the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. The cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to at the time of purchase.
    Because you disputed the charge for the pre-paid reservation with your financial institution, Getaroom.com is unable to proceed with the request of a refund at this time. Once you proceeded to dispute this charge with your financial institution, our customer service department no longer has the ability to credit, modify or adjust this reservation until the issuing bank renders a decision on your complaint.
    We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns.

Sincerely,