[Resolved] Getaroom.comno refund

G Review updated:

These damn ### refused to refund my entire stay after i cancelled within one hour and more than 2 weeks away. Stay the hell away

• Getaroom's response · Jul 02, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com customer care. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience. We would also like to assure that we take your feedback very seriously and that we will take the necessary actions to minimize or prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. All of our reservations have cancellation policies based on our contracts with our various hotel partners. When you book your reservation, this policy is disclosed in full and agreed to when you complete the booking process. This is to insure there is no confusion or miscommunication as to what the penalty or cancellation deadline is attached to the reservation. You agreed to this policy and contractually we are required to pay out for that held room to our hotel partner. For this reason, we are unable to refund in that instance. We are very sorry if you feel this situation is unfair to you, however due to our contracts and your agreement with the cancellation policy, we cannot offer a refund at this time. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-468-3578 or at 00-1-469-675-5368 for callers outside the U.S. You can also reach us again via email at [email protected] Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

very disappointed!!!

• Resolution Statement

• Ih
    ihid54 Jun 01, 2011

gm: It's too bad you had a bad experience with getaroom.com. I've booked with them several times now and have had no issues. They've actually proven to be a lot more responsive than other companies I've made reservations with in the past.

• Nu
    NurseKevin Sep 08, 2012

Getaroom.com is a bottom feeding company. I also made an error through the kayak android app and called within 5 minutes...no refund no help and the operator was clueless and then blamed me instead of trying to solve the problem. Kayak should not do business with these scam artists and de-list them from their search engine!

Stay away from this unprofessional website.

• Mo
    MommaJo Nov 29, 2015

Need to cancel Confirmation R461342056 for Four Points by Sheraton Dec 7 to Dec 8 for 2 rooms total $216.22 Need credit back to credit card please advise.

• Pa
    Pasa98 Jan 26, 2016

I would give this site 0 reviews if I could. I booked a hotel in December and had to cancel the reservations the bery next day. I was told that I would receive a full refund for the room. Fast forward a month later and I still haven't received the refund. It's nearly impossible to reach someone in their customer service department, and when you email them you receive a generic response that is not specific to your question. I will never ever use getaroom in the future.

• Sp
    spiritually high Jul 01, 2016

I booked a room with this site, cancelled within the no penalty period and was told it would take 3-5 business days to credit my account or up to 30 days depending on my financial institution. This is why I'm leary about giving card info over phone. Cash with a receipt is the only way I'll be doing hotel booking from this point on. It amazes me that money can be taken in seconds but refunds take a act of Congress, a kidney and blood.UGH!!!

Angela Cook Jul 09, 2018

This has to be the absolute worst booking site EVER. I had a very bad experience with a hotel that booked thru this site. I filed a complaint with the hotel, and they ultimately agreed to refund my money. The problem was with getaroom.com. This had been escalated, and I even managed to get the hotel manager on a 3 way call, contact get a room and everyone agree to the refund, that was on June 16th, it is now July 9th..still waiting, after they told me the funds would be back in my account within 48 hours. My initial call to get a room was on June 2!!!
    Horrible customer service! Book directly with a hotel, or use a more commonly known site like Booking.com or Expedia.com!!

Mariah123 Dec 11, 2018

Do NOT use getaroom.com!!! Made a reservation through them and on the confirmation noticed it was booked in grand rapids Michigan not grand rapids Minnesota. Immediately cancelled the reservation and am now being charged $170 cancellation fee. They won't refund me or work with me to move the reservation to the correct location. I'm so mad!!

• Ev
    Everett Strand May 28, 2019

This is Everett Strand! I booked a room at the Rohnert, CA Best Western for the nights April 21 - April 23, 2019. I am told by Price Line that you handled the transaction. My credit card was charged on April 22, 2019 $381 and then again on April 24th $318.73. I assume the $381 was a deposit but you kept my money! Please refund the $381! Thanks!

• Mm
    MMutti Jul 18, 2019

Rubbish! Stay away! Booked with one price, in a confirmation email found out it was doubled for some ‘service charge'. Changing or cancelling is non-refundable. Tried calling their number-useless! My reservation wasn't found! Fully automated service takes ages to pick your name or reservation number and still cannot find it.

John Cofer Nov 02, 2019

THIEVES. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I mistakenly went through this site thinking it was the real hotel website for a business trip, when planes changed a month ahead of time they kept 100% of my money, they refused to refund any of it or change dates. stay away from getaroom.com

• Ro
    rosie miller Nov 17, 2019

You overcharged me for the room, on the official site the room was 40.00 dollars cheaper. I am very disappointed with this company!!! Also, the cancelation policy is really crazy NO Refunds even if you book and decide to cancel within 10 minutes of booking. I will never make this mistake again...

• Am
    AmyLynnb Feb 15, 2020

The service has not refunded the $185 I am owed. It is a total scam and disgusting. Customer service kept me on hold over 30 minutes and then told me to wait another 7 days when this issue is already 7 days old.

R1860802903