General Motors / service department at mccarthy chevrolet in olathe, ks
Horrible service department. It was time for scheduled maintenance on my Camaro. I called them and asked for a price and what they would be doing. I was told it was a major mileage hurdle and that it would be $1000 for everything that needed to be done. I made sure and asked that it would cover everything and was assured that it would unless they found anything outside the list of services that needed repaired.
I scheduled the service and dropped off my car. I was told if they found anything additional they would call. No calls, except to tell me that my car was ready to be picked up. Imagine my surprise when I went to get my car and was met with a $1, 600 bill for the scheduled maintenance. No added items, just what was expected. Then they lay out the BS... "well, your car takes more transmission fluid than we allow, " and "our estimate didn't include disposal fees and taxes." "Oh, and we needed to spend some additional time tuning the engine." Really??? You don't know how much a car you service takes in the way of fluids? You don't know up front what the taxes and fees will be?
60% over their estimate and they didn't even have the decency to run it through their car wash. This service department is as bad as the moving companies that quote you low, pick up your stuff, and then refuse to give it back without paying considerably more. My next email is to Chevrolet. This service department is borderline criminal and doesn't represent the company well at all. STAY AWAY!
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 Chevy Impala
- General Motors Corporation - sonic
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 chevrolet equinox
- General Motors Corporation - 2017 chevy silverado
- General Motors Corporation - 2010 gmc terrain sle awd