General Motors Corporation / major problems with 2016 cadillac srx

To Whom this May Concern at General Motors:

My father was an executive with General Motors for 34 years in Michigan. Due to my loyalty to the company, I have only purchased General Motors vehicles my entire life. At the age of 47, and getting to a place in my career as an attorney, I could afford to purchase a luxury vehicle and once again, due to my loyalty to GM, I didn't consider a Mercedes, BMW or Audi - I chose to purchase a 2016 Cadillac SRX. When I purchased the vehicle, it had only 13, 000 on it. The purchase was made in November of 2016.

Not even a year into owning my SRX, in August of 2017, I had to take the vehicle to the Massey Cadillac North dealership in Orlando because the sunroof was leaking. While driving the car in the rain, I noticed it dripped on my daughter's foot as she was sitting in the front passenger seat. The leak was not discovered by the service department at first and I was told it was inspected and fine. I picked it up and later that day it rained, still leaked and I brought it back on August 4, 2017. I was told an expert on leaks was brought in. On August 30, 2017, my car was returned stating the sunroof assembly was replaced and the leak was repaired.

On December 11, 2017, I brought my vehicle in for an oil change and notified the repair department that the sunshade was not retracting properly - the service department had my car for 3 days and returned it stating the shade now was working properly.

On January 19, 2018, my vehicle was brought in after discovering a leak on the driver's side sunvisor after a rain storm. I sent pictures to my service representative, Shawn. The service department had my car until February 6, 2018.

About a month and a half later, on March 21, 2018, the car was brought back in because it was now leaking in 4 places, both sunvisor areas, the panels, and both the driver's side and the passenger side by the floor boards. The service department had my car for over a month and a half, and on May 7, 2018 I was told that everything was replaced and that my sunroof should not give me any more issues. I spoke that day to Billy Waddle, Jr., the service manager, and I respectfully voiced my frustration and disappointment with my vehicle. I am an attorney and am made fun of by the attorneys in my building about never having my car, and that I should've bought a Mercedes or BMW. Mr. Waddle apologized for the inconveniences and assured me that Massey Cadillac would stand by their work, he would check into an extended warranty through GM for my sunroof, and offered to pay two of my car payments. Unfortunately, I have not received any of those promises.in fact, I had to bring the vehicle back in to the service department on May 11, 2018 after leaks in the headliner. Also, the sunshade that was once repaired also had an issue. Again, I texted pictures to my service representative.

It is June 3, 2018 and again my vehicle is not repaired, I have had very little contact from the service department since I brought it in on May 11th, frankly I am quite shocked that I have not received a personal phone call from the general manager at Massey Cadillac. I was very clear when I brought in my car on May 11th, I want another black 2016 SRX and we can make an even trade.

As I stated before, I have only driven GM cars and have preached to my children about the importance of buying American-made cars. I purchased brand new 2 Grand Ams, 3 Trail Blazers, and 1 H3 Hummer. All but one car had a sunroof. I never had any issues, whatsoever, with my previous GM vehicles.in fact, my H3 Hummer had over 230, 000 miles on it when I got rid of it. How is it that the "luxury" brand has given me so many issues with the same area?

As of today, June 4, 2018, my SRX has been in the service department for 118 days since August 4th. So for 40% of the last 10 months, I have been paying on a vehicle that was being "repaired" for the same issue. I expect a formal offer on how this is going to be resolved and/or request arbitration.

Respectfully,