General Motors Corporation / 2018 buick enclave avenir

1 Detroit, MI, United States

I recently purchased the 2018 Enclave Avenir and love much about the car but am very disappointed in a few things which I'll go into here. My wife and I had our first extended trip in the car and ran into light rain and this is where we found that the car had no auto sensing windshield wipers. Mind you prior to buying this car we had two other cars, an Acura and a Lincoln which we're in that $60, 000 price range and both had this feature which we now know that Buick does not even offer. This technology has been around for years and during the drive the rain was light and I constantly had to turn the wipers on and off manually. I really thought that Buick was building a quality car and to not have this feature was greatly disappointing. Along with this we love to listen to audio books on long trips and though the car allows you to connect 10 blue tooth devices we found that if you are listening to a book through blue tooth and you get a call on your cell phone you cannot answer the phone using the car technology which totally defeats the safety of hands free driving as you may have the phone in your pocket. Again, the other two cars mention above had the technology to mute the book being listened too and you could answer the phone with the cars technology. Completely disappointed in the lack of this feature and frankly had I know this I might not have bought the Buick Enclave as at our age the technology and safety features are very important to us. Having had these features on our previous two cars we assumed a new car of this status would have the latest in technology. My last compliant would be when calling for technical support on using the On-star contact, those that we've been connected to are totally unknowledgable and would say they'd have to check the user manual to find the answer for me. Really? As I said the car drives nice but disappointed in it not being up to date with technology.

Pe