General Motors Canada / terrible service

Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver Review updated:
General Motors Canada
I bought my pontiac vibe back in 2005. Since then, there were little problems here and there. Before the lease ended, the windshield was leaking during rainy days so I took it to the fix.

During the lease, they provided a courtesy car and the moment we took it there, they immediately called us the day after.

After the lease ended, there was no courtesy car. Worst of all, the problem of the transmission came up. First was the engine lights, it comes on whenever we drove to surrey & coquitlam. We took it there 3 times and they still couldn't find a problem with it. On top of that, they charged us $150 for resetting the lights!!! Crazy! Anyhow, now we took it there for the 4th time and they said to order a transmission. It sucks because there are no courtesy car, and COME ON! GETTING THE PARTS TO CANADA FROM US TAKES A WEEK?! A WEEK IS FOR INTERNATIONAL, NOT DOMESTIC! I've been waiting for my car for 9 days and no phone calls up to this point. I've called them and left a message. But they didn't even bother to call back!

GM US has been bankrupt, GM Canada might as well! With this poor service and expensive cars!

A  12th of Jul, 2009 by
the vibe is a toyota matrix so i guess even toyota has problems too...it is assembled at NUMMI in california which toyota mught shut down...one biggest plants in north america...i just sold a 2005 sunfire and car ran great...i love my new G5
N  31st of Jul, 2009 by
We bought a new 2005 Buick LeSabre in Vernon BC. S ince the spring of 2006 we have replaced 3 times the Intermediate Shaft and once for the Power steering rack and it still clunked in the front end.Would this be classed as a LEMON?When we traded the Buick LeSabre to replace with 2009 Buick Lucerne was when the noise disapeared along with a large amount of money.When we traded it only had 57, 000 KM, if there hadn't been any problems we would never had traded for $14, 000 and paid $28, 000 difference.We feel it should have been offered a buyback considering the car was a lemon from day one.The only reason we bought another car from the dealer was that we wouldn't be able to deal with another company as they would also hear the clunking.When we made the trade and waiting for the paper work to go through my husband was speaking with the service manager and he told my husband that sometimes these problems can't be fixed. Do you feel that we have a chance to be reimbursed, possibly $14, 000 for our trade? thank you Carol Knudsen
N  7th of Oct, 2010 by

General Motors Canada - Won't honor their own work
General Motors Canada

In June 2009 I had to replace the rack and pinion steering on my 2006 Silverado weith only 50, 627 miles on it. GM would not do the work under warranty...cost $1, 290.23. Today I took the vehicle back to the dealer...leaking steering fluid. I have to replace the rack and pinion again, with only 70, 000 miles. The truck is never off-road and used in the city/normal highway driving. Again, GM won't honor the work they did last year. Apparently warranty on parts is only 1 year.

General Motors Corporation Logo General Motors Corporation