General Motors / 2009 chevy traverse

Purchased vehicle brand new, Did all scheduled maintenance on it. Was told by Auto Tech to make sure to check the oil at every fuel fill up as they have been aware about major oil consumption in these cars. Then I did receive a notice that GM has changed the oil change mileage from 10, 000 to 7, 000. Went to that schedule.
At the beginning of 2015 my car was diagnosed with a timing chain issue. 2 weeks later I receive a notice extending the warranty for the timing chain to 120, 000. However the letter was dated for November 2014 and I did not receive it until the end of Jan 2015 at which time my car had mileage
of 122, 000.
Then I receive another notice in Nov of 2015 of another extended warranty on the throttle position sensor which turns out to be in the throttle body. So the entire Throttle body needs to be replaced.
As of the beginning of Feb.2016 the timing chain has had a catastrophic fail and will not start as compression testing has determined that compression pressure is too low.
I have been advised to contact GM to help remedy the problem. After $700 so far to have this already diagnosed GM wants me to tow the car to a dealer and pay another $200 plus to have it diagnosed again. GM not willing to cover either of these costs. They must think that everyone is made of money.
I am at a loss.

Li
Feb 25, 2016

Comments

• Li
      Apr 06, 2016

I owned a 2004 suburban. It was used when I bought it.
    On March 14, 2016 I was driving on Hwy. 131 just south of Wellington Mo. around 2:30 to 3:00 pm. Coming around a curve I ran off the shoulder causing me to over correct and I tried very hard to get the vehicle under control. I was unable to do so. I went to the opposite side of the road, hit an embankment, causing my vehicle to flip up and the roof of my car hit a telephone pole smashing in the roof. I then slid down the embankment resting on the top. For some reason my airbags did not deploy. My seat also broke and I was leaning towards the passenger side. The impact caused me to end up almost on the dashboard. My feet were in the corner over the steering wheel and my head was on the dashboard. My seatbelt became so tight it was very hard to breathe. Due to the collapsing of the roof and the air bags not deploying, I sustained an 11centimeter laceration on my forehead, cut a main artery and almost bled to death. I feel that if my airbags had deployed it would have kept me in my seat and I wouldn't have hit the roof the way I did. My laceration caused a hospital stay of 5 1/2 days, I received 2 pints of blood and many bruises. I'm sending a picture of the vehicle and also one of what my head and face looked like after the wreck. I think it is important that the airbags be investigated as to why they didn't deploy. This could possibly save a life, and also if deployed it could have saved me from the injuries I sustained.

• Li
      Apr 06, 2016

I couldn't get 2 pictures to download, the one of me is the day after the collision. The one on this page is the inside of the vehicle.