General Electric / terrible experience

1 1949 W School StChicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 773 5393831

I own a group of apartment buildings in the Chicago metropolitan area. I purchase major appliances an average of once per month. (refrigerator, stove and dishwashers). General Electric has a way of voiding their warranty by charging $90.00 for a service man to examine the appliance. THEN they charge DOUBLE the cost of labor thus discouraging any further investigation by the owner to continue the claim.

To compound the felony: GE calls up and ADVISES the customer the cost effectiveness of discarding the broken appliance altogether and purchase a new one!

By the way: GE has sold their appliance division because of precipitously falling sales.

Comments

• Pa
      13th of Oct, 2008

I bought a G.E. Profile Refrigerator PFS22SISBSS about two years ago, if that. It has been a problem for me from nearly the beginning. The shelves in the french doors have cracked down the middle on three of the shelves. The tracking on the crisper has broken. The glides on both sides of the freezer have cracked. The plastic has no resilence at all. And, on top of this the electronic temperature indicator is off and on and off. What is going on here? Before this refrigerator, my appliances have been lasting 20+ years. They have had a lot of use, but have done so well. I continue to use a Whirlpool washer and dryer that are 22+ years old. I will never buy another G.E. appliance. G.E. has chosen to not stand behind their product, since I have tried contacting them three times to resolve this issue. On Oct. 1, 2008 they told me that for $60 I could have a service man come out to look at the appliance and write a report for G.E. Then, when I waited for the service man to show up on Oct 10th, I called G.E. only to find out they had cancelled the service call and did not bother to let me know. On top of that, they initially tried to lie to me and say that they had not cancelled the service call. Appliance Dr. forwarded me the email that indicated that G.E. did cancell the call! I am very disappointed with this company G.E.!!!