General Electric / lint

United States Review updated:
I bought a GE washing machine this year and it washes the clothes all right, but I have some "drip-dry" clothes that never see the inside of my dryer, and they invariably come out with at least a bit of lint on them - and I am not over- or under-sudsing, or using too much or too little water. There is simply nothing in the washer to trap the lint in the wash-water. I have been unable to find a lint filter that will fit any recent model of GE washing machine. "Home remedies" such as tossing panty hose into the wash do not get it. Could you please tell me where I might find an in-basket lint filter, or tell me how we might construct one?
I have long been a "fan" of GE appliances - my mother had a GE wringer washer when I was a child, and that machine had no break-down in it. I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this lint problem. Thank you for your attention.

Comments

Wh
  17th of Jan, 2010
In November 2009 we purchased new GE model WPRE6150k2wt (one without an agitator). It has been leaving lint on the clothes from the get-go. Same house and plumbing - just disconnected old Maytag (lasted a whopping 7 years with two empty nesters albeit no lint with any of various load combinations) and hooked up the GE. Tried manually over riding auto load size so plenty of rinse water. Tried all the different settings- with and without extra rinse. . I am doing the same everyday loads I have been dong for 40 years in God knows how many various brands and types of machines and now with the new high falutin, easier to use than ever machine, all of a sudden it's MY fault the clothes have lint on every load. Were all those machines over the past 40 years that didn't produce lint with the same wash loads one-of-a kind mutations? We went to the dealer. They say use HE detergent. January 2010, purchased and tried the HE detergent and still clothes covered with lint.
Jo
  3rd of Feb, 2010
having the same identical problem with the same machine

galletly@sbcglobal.net
Jo
  3rd of Feb, 2010
same problem, same machine.
Lo
  23rd of Jan, 2011
We are having the same difficulty with lint. It is very frustrating. Lint shows up on everything washed. We have to brush the lint off of everything washed and even have to rerinse the dark clothing. We are very pleased with all of the other features with the except of this problem.
Li
  5th of Apr, 2014
I got a used GE Profile, same model, from my sister. I absolutely HATE this machine. I just did a load of some of my nice dark winter clothes and there is hideous lint on every single piece of clothing so severe I could just scream. I can rinse and double rinse and the lint will persist. When I first had the problem, I looked on line and got all the troubleshooting recommendations. All the parts that could be opened or accessed were cleaned. I did hot water loads with washer cleaner tablets and then more with bleach. I use vinegar in the loads. i don't use too much wash detergent. None of these efforts improved the performance in the least bit. I will be getting a new machine as soon as possible. I hate to waste resources, but this machine is going to the dump. I would feel terrible giving it away to my worst enemy.

General Electric Logo General Electric