GE Money Bank / Rude Employees

After purchasing furniture from Karls Furniture and Appliance of North Platte, I received a harassing telephone call from GE Money Bank as my payment was late. I did not mind the reminder telephone call, what I did mind was the rude comments by their employee, who told me not to hang up the phone, in a very demanding manner. When I told him that he had reached me at my clinic and that patients were waiting to visit with me, and that I could not have this conversation right now, he continued to DEMAND that I not disconnect the call. I immediately disconnected the call and then, after work, began to call GE Money Bank to request an apology for this rude behavior, only to find numerous other rude GE Money Bank employees, including supervisors. I personally would advise that consumers proceed with great caution before engaging in any business transactions with this bank. Additionally, numerous calls will be routed to India, where the language barrier makes for an even worse business relationship.

Comments

• La
      20th of Oct, 2008

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Office of Thrift Supervision

GE Money rips off its customers and if you do not complain, they will continue to get away with it

• La
      29th of Oct, 2008

GEMB abuses its good customers regularly. Its terrible.

• Ge
      15th of Jun, 2009

GE Money is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service people are, as a rule, incredibly rude and condescending right off the bat, with no provocation. The finance plans are designed so as to confuse the customers and trap them into paying GE's exorbitant interest rates. Stay away from this company. It is nothing but bad news.