Ge Care Credit / Online Statements

1 Thornton, CO, United States Review updated:

I have had an account with Care Credit for many years. For the last few years, I have elected to receive my statement online so that I could quickly make my payment and save paper. When my email reminder comes, it tells me to click on the site to view my statement. After I log in, I am directed to a summary page. (Until I spoke to the customer service representative, I never even realized that there was a different statement.) The summary page failed to mention that I had a small balance that the special financing was about to expire. (It was on the statement?) Because I didn't go view my statement (who knew that what I was directed to after logging in wasn't the statement?), I am now paying an additional $1000 for interest on the full amount.
While this may not start out attempting to be fraudulent, it sure feels like that $1000 later!!!
Anybody who has this and makes payments online, you better go to the statement page so that you can see any important info that they don't want to share!!!

Comments

• Ro
      13th of Aug, 2009

I agree with Ms Wurner. We were told at the Doctors Office that we were on one plan and then 2 years later were slapped with an addittional $1500 finance charge. Of course when we called they said we should have known. If they aren't fraudulent they darn sure come close. Dishonest, and disreputable are terms they can not deny. While I understand that the buyer must beware, I certainly was not prepared for this.