GE / ge profile washer

United States Review updated:
3.35
Purchased GE Profile washer year ago for our new home. Thought I was purchasing a step up in quality appliance. Wrong. One year, one month after purchase the mother board control panel went. Took a week to get someone out to look at it, another week to get him back to put in part. When tech left he pronouced washer fixed. Five minutes after he left I tried to do a load of wash, not fixed. Washer only runs on rinse through all cycles. Tried to get tech back gone. Called GE to see if he could come back next day or two of course no way. Another week. Again to look at it and another week to fix. Each time I have to leave work to be there. They can never help you out with scheduling, you can never get anyone to ask questions about the problem, the tech nenver has a part on the truck, I loose pay each time I have to come home. I am still waiting for my washer to be fixed!! This is a horrible inconvenience. I should charge them fotr my time, salary lost and the inconience of having to find time to go to a laundromat. I have a brand new home with all GE appliances the builder put in, don't get me started on other appliance problems since we have been there. Microwave, fridge. I will never by GE again, I will never reccommend GE to anyone. There appliance stink but their consumer relatiuons and service are even worse!!! No wonder they sold off their appliance division!
Ma

Comments

He
  9th of Feb, 2009
I have a GE front loader model WCVH68OOJWW. It will not spin dry anything on the color setting. I have had the mother board replaced and 6 service calls in less than 4 months. I finally called Customer Relations (888-348-7563) to ask for an exchange. They setup one last appointment so they could speak to the technician and then did so at a time when they were no longer working. So, one more wasted appointment with the technical support department telling the technician that they only certify the spin cycle with 16 pounds of clothes and the reason we can't get the spin cycle to work correctly is we are not meeting their specification.

So, GE washers are NOT automatic. You must open the door and manually re-distribute the load before and during the spin cycle to get it to work...unless you put in 16 pounds of clothes...what a bunch of BS. The lemon laws in CA will make them eat this washer and so will I...not to mention Home Depot which hasn't been paid.
Ju
  29th of May, 2009
I ALSO GOT A G E FRONT LOAD, IT IS AWFUL, IT WILL NOT SPIN THE CLOTHES AT ALL.IT IS SO MUCH TROUBLE.WISH I WOULD HAVE SEEN IT AT LOWES.
Ju
  29th of May, 2009
I have just gotten a g e front loader modelwbvh6240.IAM HAVING A TIME WITH IT. IT WILL NOT SPEND THE CLOTHES WELL ENOUGH TO EVEN DRY.I REALLY MADE A MISTAKE, I NEED TO RETURN IT TO LOWES.THANKS JUDY
Ba
  3rd of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have the same GE front loader WCVH68OOJWW and have been given the same BS about the 16 pound load. I have found no tricks to getting it to spin. I have had the machine swapped out with a new one from GE and the new one does the exact same thing. I can't do laundry this way with 2 children under 3! I am hoping the appliance store I bought it at will take it back... this has been going on for 3 months now!
Ja
  14th of Mar, 2010
The GE Profile Washers are the worst. I bought a new washer 3 monhths back and right now it is unbalanced and make a lot of noise viabrating violently due to being unbalanced. I'm so disappointed with it I know I'll never buy a GE product again. I'm not sure if I should get some one to fix it or just get another brandname that works. Ay comments or suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Jack
Ge
  17th of Mar, 2010
This is Megan from GE, sorry to hear about the issues with your washer. Please email me at eresponse@ge.com if you'd like me to look into it for you.
Ru
  10th of Jun, 2010
I wholeheartedly agree with all the complaints. I'm having the same issues and I am NEVER giving GE any business again, EVER!!!

General Electric Logo General Electric