GE Appliances / poor service regarding defective washer

Lithonia, GA, United States Review updated:

We purchased a new washer (model #GFW450SPK0DG on 12/13/17 and it was delivered on 12/20/17. We did not use the washer until 1/2 as my family and I went on vacation on 12/24 for a week. Upon using the washer for the first time we realized that the clothes were still soaked at the end of the cycle. We called GE and a service call was scheduled.

1/9 - Tech came out, inspected the washer and determined that the
mother board needed replacement. Part was not immediately available so service call scheduled for 1/15/18.

1/15 - Tech replaced part. Attempted to do laundry- still did not work. Another service call scheduled for 1/18.

1/18 - Service call rescheduled to 1/20 due to snow.

1/20 - Tech came and determined pressure switch needed to be replaced. Scheduled for 1/24.

1/23 - Service call was rescheduled to 1/25 as Fedex was delivering part on 1/24.

1/25 - Tech came, replaced part but machine still not working. After doing extensive diagnosing, determined that pressure tube needed replacing. He then informed me that GE's part dept would be down for 10 days so it would be 2 weeks before part would be available.

I then called the Customer Relations Dept and spoke with a rep on ext 5235. I explained the situation and requested the machine be replaced. She stated that my case #[protected] would be forwarded to caseworker Jasmine (ext 5455) and I should receive a call back in 24 to 48 hours. I have not gotten a call back to date and have since left 2 messages for Jasmine.

This entire ordeal has been really stressful and I don't feel like the situation is being handled with any sense of urgency. We were sent $40 to "go to the laundromat". My husband and I work 7 days a week and don't have time to go to a Laundromat, plus we have 2 teenagers. We paid $765.01 for this washer to replace our previous one so we could have the convenience of using it as time allows. We also have to take unpaid time off from work for every service call.

I am hereby requesting the washer be replaced asap.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Ma
Jan 29, 2018

Comments

• Sh

Hi Maxine.

I'd like to help.

From what retailer did you purchase this unit?

@Shaun R. Home Depot

• Sh

@Maxine McDonald-Buchanan Good.

Unfortunately, G.E. has a horrible design with their washing machines. I my opinion, G.E. makes the worst washing machines on the market. You're likely nowhere near done dealing with problems, even if you do get it exchanged.

With that said, it becomes Home Depot's place to replace the unit, as it came from their inventory.

Make sure you have precise documentation for each service call. Ultimately, Home Depot will be able to get an R.A. (return authorization) number and return it for credit towards their account.

In return, they'll bring out a new one, exactly the same model as you have.

That should do it. Let us know if there are any further issues.

• Bi
      Jun 13, 2018

Their contract service company A&E sucks. They have done the same run around with us for a month now. Bottom line is never by a GE appliance again, ever!