GE Appliances / ge hotpoint refrigerator

1 Fernandina Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Model #: PSDF5YGXCFBB
Serial #: RT402212
Install Date: 12-20-10

I understand the warranty has expired but I have had nothing but problems with the same component of frig from not too long after purchase. It would seem a frig, )like the ones made with pride back in the day), would last much longer than 7 yrs. I believe I have been given a frig with a total recall on components having to do with cooling.
Have replaced: Fresh Food Thermister on 3-29-16. Invoice #: 451741
Have replaced: Fresh Food Fan Motor on 10-28-15 Invoice#: 444784
I currently have another request for service with my home warranty for the SAME PROBLEM: frig not cooling.
I would like to talk with someone concerning my problems/faults with my frig at [protected] or [protected].

Very Respectfully,
Barbara White
Whouse4God@aol.com

Wh
Dec 30, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      30th of Dec, 2017

Hi Barbara.

Appreciated reading your concerns. Unfortunately one of the major changes within the refrigeration category are new power efficiency requirements requiring the compressors top be much smaller. Although these compressors use les energy, they don't last as long. 7 years is a little on the short side. But the days of 20+ years are no longer common.

In replacing your fridge, make sure you provide good air circulation to the compressor area. In addition, I'd have a tenancy to clean the compressor area once or twice a year. These additional steps can assist you in keeping the fridge running as long as possible.